Things just keep getting worse and worse

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/24/2022 at 12:49 PM, hk blues said:

For me, Chowking are the worst for this with their drinks. Frequently only have pineapple juice which only comes in large size so they automatically upsize and charge without asking. It's nonsense as they have small glasses and can therefore substitute at no extra cost if they wanted to. It's a scam and actually increases the price of a set meal by 25-30% or more. Being Scottish, I insist they either provide the advertised meal or substitute at no extra cost.

I think Jollibee is bad too.  They charge like 30 pesos to upgrade the meal drink to pineapple, and extra gravy is something ridiculous like 30 pesos too.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I think Jollibee is bad too.  They charge like 30 pesos to upgrade the meal drink to pineapple, and extra gravy is something ridiculous like 30 pesos too.

We had KFC yesterday - they charge 45php for a small portion of mashed potato which is about 2 tablespoons of potato. 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Anyone used Grab Food or Food Panda?  I have a theory that those orders are prioritised in any given outlet to the point where I reckon, if you ordered you meal with say Food Panda, and waited just outside the store, you'd receive it much faster.  This is based on deliveries vs waiting in any given resto in the area and watching the delivery guys come in and out so quickly if we're in-store. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Anyone used Grab Food or Food Panda?  I have a theory that those orders are prioritised in any given outlet to the point where I reckon, if you ordered you meal with say Food Panda, and waited just outside the store, you'd receive it much faster.  This is based on deliveries vs waiting in any given resto in the area and watching the delivery guys come in and out so quickly if we're in-store. 

I use Grab and sometimes used to use Panda. It is true they have priority where possible. Places I used to frequent I would see them come in and go straight to the counter to do their thing with their phone and even in seven eleven. Sometimes the riders used to sit on my table while they wait for orders. Incidentally the order once you pay on the app is sent straight to the store so usually not much waiting for the rider except in a busy place.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, hk blues said:

small portion of mashed potato which is about 2 tablespoons of potato. 

I think you are being generous with the amount given here. :smile:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think you are being generous with the amount given here. :smile:

Probably true - maybe teaspoons would have been a better measure!

• Haha 1