Condo Living, Illogical Policies, and Privacy

jimeve
Posted
Posted

A bit off topic, Went to view a 1 bedroom apartment and wes confused by the check in times.

He's what she said... 24th-26th 2022

cheack in time;11am

check out 11am

for 3 days and 2 nights. she's charging me 3 days and 2 nights.

I said to her I want it for Saturday night and Sunday night only. Why the extra day? Am I missing somthing? is it some kind of Philippine logic.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, jimeve said:

A bit off topic, Went to view a 1 bedroom apartment and wes confused by the check in times.

He's what she said... 24th-26th 2022

cheack in time;11am

check out 11am

for 3 days and 2 nights. she's charging me 3 days and 2 nights.

I said to her I want it for Saturday night and Sunday night only. Why the extra day? Am I missing somthing? is it some kind of Philippine logic.

Check in would be 24th 11am and Check out 26th 11am so 3 days (24th/25th/26th) and 2 nights (24th and 25th) 

It's pretty much the universal system although they usually only state the number of nights to avoid confusion.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Went to view a 1 bedroom apartment and wes confused by the check in times.

When I stayed at a private AB&B type condo I asked and paid for 22 nights.  They were knocking on my door on the 22nd DAY saying I had to check out as I only paid for 22 days.  Wrong.  I gently corrected them and stayed the extra night.  I DO prefer professional hotels in the Philippines now.  These amateur hoteliers can be a pain in the arse.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When I stayed at a private AB&B type condo I asked and paid for 22 nights.  They were knocking on my door on the 22nd DAY saying I had to check out as I only paid for 22 days.  Wrong.  I gently corrected them and stayed the extra night.  I DO prefer professional hotels in the Philippines now.  These amateur hoteliers can be a pain in the arse.

She just got back to me and said sorry for the confusion. Brand new apartments I'm her first customer lol

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Check in would be 24th 11am and Check out 26th 11am so 3 days (24th/25th/26th) and 2 nights (24th and 25th) 

It's pretty much the universal system although they usually only state the number of nights to avoid confusion.  

LOL. check in Sunday..1 night check out tuesday morning 2 nights, she was trying to charge me an extra day for Tuesday... All sorted now got an apology, and only paying for 2 nights.:thumbsup:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

LOL. check in Sunday..1 night check out tuesday morning 2 nights, she was trying to charge me an extra day for Tuesday... All sorted now got an apology, and only paying for 2 nights.:thumbsup:

Of course, I shouldn't really be surprised that someone working in the hotel industry doesn't follow the universal system of counting stay period in nights given we're in the Philippines.  But I am!

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, hk blues said:

I would tend to disagree because;  11am 24th to 11am 25th = 24 hours,  11am 25 to 11am 26th = 24 hours.  24+24 = 48 hours.  48 hours/ 24 hours per day = 2 days.    If the above were true then a hotel month would consist of 30 nights and 60 days.   A real money maker that would be if hotels start charging by the day instead of the night. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

I would tend to disagree because;  11am 24th to 11am 25th = 24 hours,  11am 25 to 11am 26th = 24 hours.  24+24 = 48 hours.  48 hours/ 24 hours per day = 2 days.    If the above were true then a hotel month would consist of 30 nights and 60 days.   A real money maker that would be if hotels start charging by the day instead of the night. :tongue:

No, the difference between no, days and no. nights will only ever by +1. 

Of course, I have heard that some hotels charge per hour but I wouldn't know about that! :whistling:

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

Glad I'm not renting from HK blues. Id be out of pocket. :whistling:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Glad I'm not renting from HK blues. Id be out of pocket. :whistling:

You'd be quids in - stay 3 days and pay for just 2 nights! 

• Like 1