Condo Living, Illogical Policies, and Privacy

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Our checkout was delayed because the idiot in front of us at the hotel desk didn't want to pay for one night.  The reason is he had arrived after midnight.  Therefore, it was the start of a new day.  The clerk called for the manager.  His response was, "Let me call the police and they will explain it to you.  But you might miss you flight.  The cost for reissuing the ticket for tomorrow's flight is $300."  He paid the bill.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

No, the difference between no, days and no. nights will only ever by +1. 

Correct for each booking, but if they rent the room to 30 different people during the month then you have 1 night, 2 days X 30.    So a hotel month is 30 nights and 60 days.   It is all part of what the schools in the USA call the "new math". :hystery:   

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

Correct for each booking, but if they rent the room to 30 different people during the month then you have 1 night, 2 days X 30.    So a hotel month is 30 nights and 60 days.   It is all part of what the schools in the USA call the "new math". :hystery:   

It doesn't matter how many days they want to call it as they charge per night.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Mike J said:

The math is 30 nights and 30 days.  Most hotels won't permit check-in until after 3:00pm.  Departure time is 11:00am.  The gap time of 4 hours is for cleaning the room.  Early check-in maybe permitted if the hotel is not full.  The same for late check-out.  If you insist on early check-in or late check-out, there might be an additional charge.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

You do realize that the :hystery: means I am making a joke, right?

• Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Well it sounded like a good business plan to me. (:hystery: )

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

Now I Know GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

• 5 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, KenM said:

Imagine the ramifications of a landlord being able to keep your things with the building providing the muscle to do it. 

Baluoyolo
Posted
Posted

When I was moving out of a Rockwell property, getting rid of the items seemed to be a big deal of paperwork. Thankfully the owner was very sensible and told the building management to get on with it and there was no trouble once the gate pass was formalized. They did require some extra paperwork when moving out, though, but in the interest of saving sanity of ourselves and the owner we just told the admin personnel that we were going on a holiday to Palawan and... well, we just never returned. Feels like a good tradeoff of convenience and bureaucracy.

• Like 1