Condo Living, Illogical Policies, and Privacy

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Freebie said:

And outside RCBC main bank on Makati Ave there are gents with very large guns. Imagine a 5ft 5 Filipino with a gun way longer than his arms... its an interesting site..but those guns are serious.  Those are the guards I never even look at.

The reason is that that RCBC is a bank note repository with armoured trucks  (or armored for the others here ) entering and exiting to Basement 4 for note counting,  and thereafter distribution.

The guards in our subdivision are similarly armed, or I should say each guard post has 1 guard similarly armed.

Joey G
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 1/22/2023 at 6:36 AM, KenM said:

They refused to let me more my things without a letter from the landlord specifying the exact number and description of items.

Sounds like you found Hotel California..... "You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave"

Edited by Joey G
  • Haha 4

• 9 months later...
Freebie
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, starrt said:

This is usually ok, but sometimes can be offputting as most banks here, when sending new cards to clients, never give the courier phone numbers, so we never know when it arrives, as most couriers don't think of just asking the gaurd at the gate to let us know they are here.

This was a costant problem. Now I tell the bank to hold my card and I will collect personally.  The courier that BPI uses is beyond useless... they regularly state  ( sorry, lie ) they have tried to deliver... even when Ive left clear written authorisation for Concierge staff to collect on my behalf.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 11/9/2023 at 10:01 AM, starrt said:

deliveries, except for gas, water, and laundry, are not allowed inside the main gate

Is that before or after the lobby?

A friend's condo always has a mountain of packages in the lobby from Lazada, Shopee, etc.

starrt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Is that before or after the lobby?

A friend's condo always has a mountain of packages in the lobby from Lazada, Shopee, etc.

We live in a multi condo project, our project has its own main gate, there are no lobbies in the various buildings.

Lazada, and Shopee packages are picked up just inside the main gate. Any prepaid packages not picked up are left at a guarded location and the residents can pick them up there later. For any other package deliveries the residents have to go just outside the main gate to get their package(s).

Appliances, furniture, etc, are allowed entry as long as the resident fills out a delivery notice.

• Like 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 11/19/2023 at 10:30 AM, starrt said:

Any prepaid packages not picked up are left at a guarded location and the residents can pick them up there later.

Inside the building?