BI + ECC + Iloilo office

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I pulled the trigger today and bought an air ticket out of country.  Now the easy life is over for awhile, I guess, until I return come winter in the Alaskan Interior. 

Since I failed to find the thread and posting I saw a short time ago,  re  getting an ECC at the Iloilo Bureau of Immigration, I am asking for help. I think that one of the guys here mentioned getting an ECC at the Iloilo office and would like to know if it can be done relatively quickly, or if I need to make two trips from Roxas City on the north side of the island.  My asawa wants to overnight in a hotel since we haven't left home in two and half years now. At first frugal me wanted to make it a day trip, but I guess I should indulge her and try to find a place (any suggestions ?) since we haven't stayed in a pensionne or hotel there since maybe 15+ years ago.... and it was,,,a fan room/monastery cell. 

I'm having my passport and ACR-I card sent through LBC from my travel agent/visa renewal service in MNL where it has been since Nov.2019 and I hope she has been faithful, like she had been over the last 10-12 years we have done business together. Then I will take them and my ticket to BI. I already have had the pictures taken at  the mall according to listed regs on their site/form, and if I need thumbprints, OK. But I think one of the guys said they stopped doing it when he was last there 3 years ago, but my travel agent said, that she never knows what they want sometimes, since things have been changing quite a bit.

In twenty years, I always timed my trips here to be a week less than 6 months at a time, until the plague hit. So this is a first for me.

I also think that now I will not have to go to my regular hotels/pensions in Mabini/Malate where my travel agent's office was....when I fly out of MNL this time.  So I'm looking for suggestions re an economy hotel near the airport ( e.g. less than P 2.2K/night) so I can avoid the traffic.

Not sure if I can get my covid PCR test right at the airport or not. Someone wrote that there were places close by.... walking distance... one mentioned over an airport footbridge.... but I can't find the post.  I'll have to start an info search on the web tomorrow. I have 3 weeks.

It used to be so EASY coming and going here, but  times have changed.... for God only knows how long. 

Guess I'll have to dump my simple cell phone and get a smart phone before I return and since I am leaving here without one, or without a laptop or notebook or smart pad this time.......  I hope I don't end up in dire straits.  Tough growing old these days.

The ECC has to be done no less than 47 hours before departure according to the BI web site, but i think SNowy recommended at least a week early.  My travel agent said it was better for me to do it here, since sometimes it takes a week or more there in MNL, and I have no desire to sit around in a hotel there for that long.  

So it goes.

skippyscage
Posted
Posted

I did my 2nd ECC-B since things loosened up only this week in the Iloilo BI office. I'm assuming you need ECC-B not ECC-A, but as you didn't specify, each have different requirements.

For ECC-B you'll need:

Passport (plus BIO page copy)
ACR-I (plus copy of back and front)
Application Form (can be found online)

Also bring just in case - proof of airline ticket (this time they said it wasn't required, only people on Tourist Visas need to provide that (ECC-A), although the time before they wanted it!)

Took less than 20 minutes - the office is always quieter in the afternoon as, with everything here, people go early first thing and queue up in line forever, but as I'm unaware of your situation probably better to go in the morning.

The Iloilo BI office is pretty switched on, and the guards know what's required and will direct you, as they're basically screeners before they pass the paperwork inside to the office.

Of course if you need ECC-A, I have zero experience with that, so you'll have to check the requirements for that.

Hopefully this is, somewhat, useful.

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, skippyscage said:

I did my 2nd ECC-B since things loosened up only this week in the Iloilo BI office. I'm assuming you need ECC-B not ECC-A, but as you didn't specify, each have different requirements.

For ECC-B you'll need:

Passport (plus BIO page copy)
ACR-I (plus copy of back and front)
Application Form (can be found online)

Also bring just in case - proof of airline ticket (this time they said it wasn't required, only people on Tourist Visas need to provide that (ECC-A), although the time before they wanted it!)

Took less than 20 minutes - the office is always quieter in the afternoon as, with everything here, people go early first thing and queue up in line forever, but as I'm unaware of your situation probably better to go in the morning.

The Iloilo BI office is pretty switched on, and the guards know what's required and will direct you, as they're basically screeners before they pass the paperwork inside to the office.

Of course if you need ECC-A, I have zero experience with that, so you'll have to check the requirements for that.

Hopefully this is, somewhat, useful.

Thank you so very much, Skippscage. Your advice will be most helpful.  I will need the tourist ECC-A, having been trapped here since March 2020,  I have had my travel agent in MNL keep up with my visa extensions/ACR-I  all this time and this morn she will LBC it to me. Have my international air ticket, 5 regulation photos.... so all I need to do is get on a morning bus, arriving around noon, and get it done. One more chore checked off I hope. You are a kind man.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

"As previously reported, PAL has a test site at NAIA II… on the end of the Departure Level, after International Departures.

Sets you back P600, and results in 30 mins.

Take the test day before or day of your flight.

This is available to PAL passengers. IDK if others may use the test site as well."

From another forum.

• Thanks 2

Shol
Posted
Posted

Anyone recommend doing it at the airport or going to BI to do it?  (ECC-B)  I will leave in about 3 months and they have said over the phone no issues can do it at the airport without all the hassles and such but I am not so sure lol.

I would probably do it at an extension office in Taguig if I chose to get it ahead of time.   How long is the valid once it is accomplished again?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Shol said:

Anyone recommend doing it at the airport or going to BI to do it?  (ECC-B)  I will leave in about 3 months and they have said over the phone no issues can do it at the airport without all the hassles and such but I am not so sure lol.

I would probably do it at an extension office in Taguig if I chose to get it ahead of time.   How long is the valid once it is accomplished again?

I have never done ECC B at an office and currently my local office does not do them.  I never had a problem at Clark or NAIA.  Add 30 minutes time at the airport just in case there is a line.  If you do it at the airport, no worries on when it expires.  I'm not sure of the expiration.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm not sure of the expiration.

I believe it is 30 days from issue :tiphat:

• Like 2

Shol
Posted
Posted

Ok thanks.  Seems like a wasted trip then if that's the case.  When doing it at the airport I suppose it's simply telling them you plan to return and showing the passport and filling out a form?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shol said:

Ok thanks.  Seems like a wasted trip then if that's the case.  When doing it at the airport I suppose it's simply telling them you plan to return and showing the passport and filling out a form?

I think it was NAIA terminal 1 last time.  Before you get the immigration booths, look to the right for a window(s).  That is where you get it.  I think I was around #10 in the line and it took about 10 minutes.  I can't remember is there is a form.  Maybe just give them passport, ACR and ticket.  Then sign something.

I got two at Clark but that was in the old terminal.  Very informal.  One of the guys just took me in a little office next to the immigration checkpoint and did it one on one.  The new terminal probably has a dedicated place for it near the immigration checkpoint.  They do other exit paperwork for other visas too.  I don't think it is just ECC-B.

I you don't see a window right away, just ask anyone working in the area and they should know.

• Like 2

Ray34110
Posted
Posted
On 5/13/2022 at 11:09 AM, manofthecoldland said:

Thank you so very much, Skippscage. Your advice will be most helpful.  I will need the tourist ECC-A, having been trapped here since March 2020,  I have had my travel agent in MNL keep up with my visa extensions/ACR-I  all this time and this morn she will LBC it to me. Have my international air ticket, 5 regulation photos.... so all I need to do is get on a morning bus, arriving around noon, and get it done. One more chore checked off I hope. You are a kind man.

Hi Im new here just start trying to figure the site...one of you mention a travel agent that take care the visa tourist extension in Manila .....can you please send me the agent name?? Sorry if im out of place for the question promise to learn!!! TY!! in advance!!!!