Throwaway Ticket

ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum but not new to S.E.A. having lived/worked in China and Thailand for 15 years. Now retired in Thailand for the past 3 years and looking to move on to PH within the next 2-3 weeks if all goes well.  I'll be heading for Iloilo, got a nice house lined up there to live in. 

I intend to enter on a visa exempt from Thailand so need a throwaway onward ticket. What's the cheapest destination to buy for this purpose?
Also, can I keep extending this visa and for how long?    I've got a good idea but would like it clarified by your expertise!   So many questions to ask ...........

Many thanks in advance.    

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, ThaiWolf said:

What's the cheapest destination to buy for this purpose?

Probably Malaysia or Thailand at the moment

9 minutes ago, ThaiWolf said:

Also, can I keep extending this visa and for how long?

3 years. Plenty of info in other topics over the years. Going back almost 3 years ago they would not give me my last month for some reason. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum ThaiWolf. :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Probably Malaysia or Thailand at the moment

He might do well to just go ahead and buy roundtrip back to Thailand.  MIGHT be cheaper than one way here and a throwaway ticket.

@ThaiWolf

Ticket fuel prices have been such a wreck recently and not many tourists needing to buy throwaway, so not many recent reports to go on.  Kota Kinabalu used to be a consistent cheap throwaway but I have no idea now.  I just looked at Google flights for June and see there are two days you can get one way for $51.  Not bad.  Years ago I got one for $15 but that's not going to happen now with high fuel costs, etc.

Set up google flights to look for RT and oneway tix for you.  They will alert you for prices changes.

• Like 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Hey Wolf!  Welcome to the forum.  In my experience regarding throw aways, it's a moving target and changes daily, weekly, monthly, etc.  In other words, I've not found a specific place that's cheaper, you just have to spend a little time searching for what happens to be the best price at the time you are traveling.   And I agree with OnMyWay that at this time round trips might be cheaper too.  Each time I purchased a throw away, it was to a different place.  Good luck to you my friend and again, welcome to the gang.

Joey G
Posted
Posted

cheapest ticket... try using Google Flights... Put Manila for Departure, check "One way", and pick a date on the future a few months out, then hit "Explore"... the world map will show up with one way tickets prices from Manila to a bunch of places.... I just checked... One Way to Singapore $70.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

He might do well to just go ahead and buy roundtrip back to Thailand.  MIGHT be cheaper than one way here and a throwaway ticket.

Probably correct. I mentioned those two places as been researching for a visa run.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum.  I think you will find us to be a helpful and friendly bunch.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Probably correct. I mentioned those two places as been researching for a visa run.

Out of curiosity I checked on Google RT BKK/MNL/BKK.  Expensive!  Around $300!  If you can pickup a throwaway for $50, buying the one way will probably be cheaper.

I'm still shopping for U.S. Tix.  Prices are through the roof!  At least double from 5 years ago, usually more.

Edited by OnMyWay

Joey G
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Out of curiosity I checked on Google RT BKK/MNL/BKK.  Expensive!  Around $300!  If you can pickup a throwaway for $50, buying the one way will probably be cheaper.

I'm still shopping for U.S. Tix.  Prices are through the roof!  At least double from 5 years ago, usually more.

Where and when are you flying that doubled??... I see lots of tickets that are pretty reasonable.