Throwaway Ticket

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Where and when are you flying that doubled??... I see lots of tickets that are pretty reasonable.

Clark or Manila to Los Angeles.  3 adults 2 children.  Paid about $3500 in 2017, Asiana via SEL.  Non-stop on PAL lowest price in July $7903.

Actually prefer Clark and do not prefer PAL.  Let me know if you find something or have a suggestion.  The family trip might be off the table this year but I am now looking at Denver for just me because my sister is not doing well.

ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted

Cheers guys for the help.
So far it looks like a return ticket will have to do!  Not much in it price wise to bother with the hassle.

Next on the agenda:   
The dreaded covid health insurance. Any company recommended?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, ThaiWolf said:

Cheers guys for the help.
So far it looks like a return ticket will have to do!  Not much in it price wise to bother with the hassle.

Next on the agenda:   

A couple of my mates from  Australia have used https://www.covermore.com.au/?fbclid=IwAR0wpZVuDiuCB1UGk4UlEYT5BEIEcX741tML8tPpixXFtY5-14eZKqBqfIo not sure if its relevant to yanks but it may help you out.  Just follow the links to the covid coverage.  I'm guessing you know how to navigate around a website.  

ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

A couple of my mates from  Australia have used https://www.covermore.com.au/?fbclid=IwAR0wpZVuDiuCB1UGk4UlEYT5BEIEcX741tML8tPpixXFtY5-14eZKqBqfIo not sure if its relevant to yanks but it may help you out.  Just follow the links to the covid coverage.  I'm guessing you know how to navigate around a website.  

I'm not a 'yank' , I'm a 'Brit" !

Joey G
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Clark or Manila to Los Angeles.  3 adults 2 children.  Paid about $3500 in 2017, Asiana via SEL.  Non-stop on PAL lowest price in July $7903.

Actually prefer Clark and do not prefer PAL.  Let me know if you find something or have a suggestion.  The family trip might be off the table this year but I am now looking at Denver for just me because my sister is not doing well.

yep... I see your problem...  you got several things working against you... biggest ones is the rush of people flying for the summer plus many who haven't been back and forth for awhile...  if you go out to September you could fly for $4,500 and even Singapore Airlines for $5,500. With kids I'm guessing school drives the dates.  

$3.500 for 5 in 2017 was a deal though !

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, ThaiWolf said:

First check the airlines you are traveling with as often they will have insurance. If not just Google travel insurance.  Philippines require Covid insurance. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Out of curiosity I checked on Google RT BKK/MNL/BKK.  Expensive!  Around $300! 

One way, Manila to Bangkok, Kota Kinabalu or Hong Kong one way, all just under $50 USD but thats now and next week might be different.

• Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, ThaiWolf said:

I'm not a 'yank' , I'm a 'Brit" !

Sounds like a personal problem! Just kidding, welcome to the forum 😀

Try the World Nomads web site for Covid Insurance; free quotes provided. Keep in mind when you buy it that you’ll need it for the duration of your stay. So you might want to consider that when buying your throw away ticket - the longer you “stay” the more it’s going to cost you. The only entity that asked me for proof of the insurance was the airline when I checked in. The BOI never checked nor did they ask for it when I extended my visa.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gator said:

Try the World Nomads web site for Covid Insurance; free quotes provided.

Thanks. Their quote was similar to one I've found in Thailand with Allianz International via a broker MisterPrakan which is instant cover with printable cert. Still not cheap but a necessity!

10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

One way, Manila to Bangkok, Kota Kinabalu or Hong Kong one way, all just under $50 USD but thats now and next week might be different.

I can't find anything anywhere near them prices. Could you kindly give me a link? 

ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys, 
I should add I intend on arriving between the 3rd to the 10th of June. 

Many thanks for your help so far!