Throwaway Ticket

Clermont
Posted
Posted

We came in on Sunday, Balikbayan visa, no onward ticket, no stamp in passport, no health certificate. I was under the impression they stamped your passport for Balikbayan visa but no, the wife told them we were coming in on one, she only got a speil on the twelve months stay, piece of pi==, a lot better than the arrogant Australia boarder force. :cheersty:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2022 at 5:07 PM, Colsie said:

I've also seen other passengers at check-in having to try and buy an onward ticket online when they had been refused boarding...

Around 3 years ago when I did a visa run to Taiwan l had to stand my ground with airasia at check in to return back to the Philippines. Airline staff said my Philippines exit ticket was dated past 30 days. I told them (at the time) it did not need to be within 30 days and l can extend my visa up to 36 month. Eventually a senior staff member who they fetched to solve the matter agreed with me. They have a big book of rules for each country with them.

Still waiting for a reply from immigration, they actually did reply but nothing to do with the question I asked so had to ask it again. Then they replied asking what nationality I am so dont know if I will get a correct answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Still waiting for a reply from immigration, they actually did reply but nothing to do with the question I asked so had to ask it again. Then they replied asking what nationality I am so dont know if I will get a correct answer.

Well that was a waste of time after two attempts to ask the question. They used to be pretty good at answering questions but a few weeks ago I asked something and all they did is give me a link to the same IATF rules that I was asking about.

So now they have replied to my question about the 30 days requirement and the removal of the 30 days words from the latest IATF resolution and this is their reply. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Maybe someone else can ask them? 

"Good day! Kindly coordinate the airlines regarding the concern. Thank you"

bi funnies.PNG

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well that was a waste of time after two attempts to ask the question. They used to be pretty good at answering questions but a few weeks ago I asked something and all they did is give me a link to the same IATF rules that I was asking about.

So now they have replied to my question about the 30 days requirement and the removal of the 30 days words from the latest IATF resolution and this is their reply. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

bi funnies.PNG

That's a pity, my interactions with them have been nothing but productive.  I hope this isn't a trend.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, BrettGC said:

That's a pity, my interactions with them have been nothing but productive.  I hope this isn't a trend.  

Mine were too but the first reply they gave was about Filipinos leaving the country. I have no idea where that came from as my question was clearly about the 30 days requirement and IATF resolution and I did not make it a complicated question.

Good day! Outbound travels of Filipinos, regardless of purpose, may be allowed subject to compliance with the following requirements:

• Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

bi funnies.PNG

Thanks for trying JGF. Perhaps we're in transition to normal and IATF are still trying to hold onto the policy making or maybe you just got a newbie office on OJT :whistling:

Either way, I now have a FB account thanks to my GF...not sure how to use it yet, but I will search for the bureau of immigration and try messaging them. 

If they ask me what's my nationality, I better say Australian and not confuse them with dual citizenship :89:

If anybody else wants to try contact them as well, I suppose the won't hurt (unless we get totally opposite answers, it is the Philippines after all) 

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

bi funnies.PNG

OK, I've contacted the Bureau of Immigration Facebook page and asked the question regards onward ticket being within 30days of arrival. 

What I seem to have recieved back is an auto reply stating all the latest requirements for a foreigner to enter the Philippines ie booster shot exempt from tests yadda yadda..

With regards to the onward ticket, it clearly states, must have a valid onward ticket. (there is no mention of this valid within 30 days of arrival).

My take from this is, that I will go ahead in the next few weeks and book my flights with an onward ticket outside the 30 day return date, or as I have normally done. 

Having said that, this is an automated reply and if I get a more specific response in the meantime I will let the forum members know. 

Screenshot_20220607-155043_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20220607-155043_Messenger.jpg

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 6/7/2022 at 3:04 AM, Colsie said:

OK, I've contacted the Bureau of Immigration Facebook page and asked the question regards onward ticket being within 30days of arrival. 

What I seem to have recieved back is an auto reply stating all the latest requirements for a foreigner to enter the Philippines ie booster shot exempt from tests yadda yadda..

With regards to the onward ticket, it clearly states, must have a valid onward ticket. (there is no mention of this valid within 30 days of arrival).

My take from this is, that I will go ahead in the next few weeks and book my flights with an onward ticket outside the 30 day return date, or as I have normally done. 

Having said that, this is an automated reply and if I get a more specific response in the meantime I will let the forum members know. 

Screenshot_20220607-155043_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20220607-155043_Messenger.jpg

Please let us know how this goes. I am contemplating the same...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/7/2022 at 4:04 PM, Colsie said:

Yes just make sure you have all the info printed out or on your phone as to the current rules as the airlines are still confused in some cases such as a friends Filipina wife was comming to Cebu 2 days ago from the US, Qatar Airways wanted her RT-PCR test proof so she had to prove it was no longer needed with booster shot. She got on the flight after showing the facts.

• Thanks 1

ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted (edited)

Doing some research and I came across this:

ADVISORY: Revised Guidelines for Entry of NON-Filipino Citizens to the Philippines (dfa.gov.ph)

Travel.png

Also here: 
Requirement E

Bureau of Immigration Philippines

Edited by ThaiWolf
Forgot the link! :)