Phill Health

RBM
Posted
Posted

Just thought would add my experience in applying for the above. 

Had looked at blue cross Insurance how ever in my particular case Phill Health was more attractive. Expecting the typical bureaucracy I told myself to expect just to be told what else to go fetch....Requirements Requirements requirements.....

Arriving at the main office with completed form we were met by a friendly guard and directed to sit in the senior section...... Within 5 minutes  we were talking to a very nice consultant and were all done an dusted in less than 30 minutes. Most surprised and delighted.

There is a 3 month stand down time which is fair as I understand in regards to existing medical issues. The total cost was P15k being 1 year.

Not entirely clear of the situation  if one is treated after the down time for some preexisting condition as this is not mentioned on the application form. From my understanding on average Phill Health will pay around 30% on most medical accounts.

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Just thought would add my experience in applying for the above. 

Had looked at blue cross Insurance how ever in my particular case Phill Health was more attractive. Expecting the typical bureaucracy I told myself to expect just to be told what else to go fetch....Requirements Requirements requirements.....

Arriving at the main office with completed form we were met by a friendly guard and directed to sit in the senior section...... Within 5 minutes  we were talking to a very nice consultant and were all done an dusted in less than 30 minutes. Most surprised and delighted.

There is a 3 month stand down time which is fair as I understand in regards to existing medical issues. The total cost was P15k being 1 year.

Not entirely clear of the situation  if one is treated after the down time for some preexisting condition as this is not mentioned on the application form. From my understanding on average Phill Health will pay around 30% on most medical accounts.

Of all the Government departments I have found Philhealth to be the easiest to work with.  We have only had to use it once in the past 7 years here. and it was a relatively minor thing.  We had to buy the "supplies" and they doctor fee was covered 100% by Philhealth directly.  This was in a public hospital. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I think most expats would agree that Philhealth is a bargain as far as insurance goes.  It only pays a portion of the bills but is very low cost compared to commercial coverage.  We provide Philhealth for the workers who care for my wife's mother.  It has helped their family members out in more than one instance.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I think most expats would agree that Philhealth is a bargain as far as insurance goes.  It only pays a portion of the bills but is very low cost compared to commercial coverage.  We provide Philhealth for the workers who care for my wife's mother.  It has helped their family members out in more than one instance.

Wonder if any readers can comment here. Quote from a FB which appeared to be very genuine. If one wants to avail of Phill Health one cannot have a private room in a hospital.

The Phill Health site is quite confusing here, perhaps somebody has additional info.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Wonder if any readers can comment here. Quote from a FB which appeared to be very genuine. If one wants to avail of Phill Health one cannot have a private room in a hospital.

The Phill Health site is quite confusing here, perhaps somebody has additional info.

I think that Philhealth reimburses room rates based on the classification of health issue (A to D) and the classification/size of the hospital (level 1 thru 3).   The patient can choose to have a private room but the amount Philhealth pays would still be based on the illness and the hospital, not the "patient" choice of room.   So if the illness can be treated in a ward, Philhealth is going to reimburse based a ward rate for that class of hospital.  

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Mike J said:

I think that Philhealth reimburses room rates based on the classification of health issue (A to D) and the classification/size of the hospital (level 1 thru 3).   The patient can choose to have a private room but the amount Philhealth pays would still be based on the illness and the hospital, not the "patient" choice of room.   So if the illness can be treated in a ward, Philhealth is going to reimburse based a ward rate for that class of hospital.  

Yeah, something like that.  I had a private room for my shoulder surgery and Philhealth paid for part of it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just a thought. Do any members add their wives or dependents to their Philhealth rather than having separate accounts?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just a thought. Do any members add their wives or dependents to their Philhealth rather than having separate accounts?

I am on my wife's plan.   The plans we have in place for the mother-in-laws care givers include their respective family members.