Current Covid Travel requirements.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Guy brings up a good point. Insurance covering accidents like being hit by trike or angry husbands, fathers and the like is worthwhile too. 

Yes he does.  I considered just moving it to its own topic as this one is about "Current Covid Travel requirements." and readers should not be mislead to believe that means "travel health insurance" which is much more expensive and may not qualify for the entry requirements.

Then I thought I would just make the point that "Covid 19 Insurance" is not the same thing and it is all that is required.

So with that said, perhaps someone would want to make a new thread about how "travel health insurance" is good to have and investigate whether travel health insurance includes Covid 19 coverage and if it qualifies for the entry requirements.  There was a time, in the beginning of the pandemic, when it did not cover anything Covid related.  I would sure check before coming with standard type health insurance.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Considered posting images, but they contain personal details. You'll have to take my word for it that my travel insurance covered many circumstances including accidents (without any modifying adjectives).

Here is a link to coverage info for the policy I had:

https://axatravelinsurance.com/

Read contents of box in lower right corner.

Edited by Guy F.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Read contents of box in lower right corner.

Your link is to their main page so I do not know exactly what you are referring to, but their FAQ page says:

The World Health Organization declared the Coronavirus a Global Health Warning on January 30, 2020. As a result, the Coronavirus is no longer an unforeseen event for travel to China starting on January 24th, 2020, and for travel worldwide starting on January 31st, 2020 . . .

Policies purchased after January 24, 2020 do not cover this event for trip cancellations and trip interruptions. Coverage may be available for other benefits so please refer to your plan documents for applicable benefits, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions. . . .

https://axatravelinsurance.com/blog/axa-covid-19-position-statement

So the most important question is:  Did you arrive in the Philippines with this insurance and did the authorities recognize it as conforming to their requirements for Covid insurance?  If so then great.  But that is the point everyone needs to know.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 5/24/2022 at 5:21 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

So with that said, perhaps someone would want to make a new thread about how "travel health insurance" is good to have and investigate whether travel health insurance includes Covid 19 coverage and if it qualifies for the entry requirements.

I was looking a week ago it it seems most travel insurance now covers covid as part of it. Call it the new normal.

Just to add that Thailand is now coverage of 10K only and Malaysia has dropped the requirement so in 3 or 4 years I suspect the Philippines might to. 

Also Malaysia no longer require a test so for these reasons Im thinking of Kuala Lumpur for a visa run. Off topic I know but these sort of things help those traveling and deciding where to go so the Philippines needs to go with the flow or miss out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I just returned from the PI's and had no trouble at the PI end, in or out, like Brett said a while back, it's Australia's bloody over reaction that's the problem, ( my words ) money Hungary, disorganized approach, over paper controlled system if you could call it that, that I have ever experienced. The PI end everything went smooth and the airport staff were only too happy to help, anyone going over, get your smile out of the bottom draw and take it with you, you'll need it, their pleased to see visitors again. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Your link is to their main page so I do not know exactly what you are referring to, but their FAQ page says:

https://axatravelinsurance.com/blog/axa-covid-19-position-statement

So the most important question is:  Did you arrive in the Philippines with this insurance and did the authorities recognize it as conforming to their requirements for Covid insurance?  If so then great.  But that is the point everyone needs to know.

Yes and yes.

• Thanks 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

"Policies purchased after January 24, 2020 do not cover this event for trip cancellations and trip interruptions. Coverage may be available for other benefits so please refer to your plan documents for applicable benefits, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions. . . . "

So expenses related trip cancellations and trip interruptions due to Covid-19 are not covered. Treatment costs, and so on, are covered.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Thanks 1