Manila Airport Int. Arrivals to Dom. Departures

ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted

I've had to change my itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances and get things sorted quicker than anticipated. 

How long does it take approx.  from getting off the plane at international arrivals to check-in at domestic departures?
I'm sure there's lots of variables such as immigration clearance times etc. I've only got 2.5hrs between flights!

Next: 
Directions to get between terminals? 

Thanks in advance guys, will be much appreciated.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ThaiWolf said:

I've had to change my itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances and get things sorted quicker than anticipated. 

How long does it take approx.  from getting off the plane at international arrivals to check-in at domestic departures?
I'm sure there's lots of variables such as immigration clearance times etc. I've only got 2.5hrs between flights!

Next: 
Directions to get between terminals? 

Thanks in advance guys, will be much appreciated.

What airlines?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My experience of domestic flights is very hit and miss. I'd say 2 1/2hrs is cutting it fine especially if arriving Internationaly. 

A usual travel time from one terminal to the next can vary depending on taxis and traffic.  I'd work on the principle that you land at 1pm, through customs and out the airport door within 30 to 45 mins. Twenty mins wait on a taxi then depending on the time of day 30 mins to 60 mins to the domestic terminal. Another queue to get into the domestic terminal and through security into the domestic waiting area a good 30 mins plus.  Then depending when your flight boards it could start 40 mins before departure, closing the gate 20 mins before departure. 

Usual rules say arrive at least two hours before your flight. I've flown domestic and entered the departure area to hear my name being called 45 mins before the flight took off.  Usually they board you onto a coach a good 30 mins before departure then drive you to your plane, board the plane, get seated and within ten minutes they taxi to their take off point. 

ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

What airlines?

Bangkok - Manila          P.A.L.                Terminal 2  ?      Arrive  17.10
Manila - Iloilo                AirAsia             Terminal 4  ?      Depart 19.45

I read on the airport website the terminal shuttle buses run every 15 mins and will be quicker than a taxi because they run within the airport.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Personally I'd not chance it given all the variables @Snowy79 mentioned and my own personal experience.  

Only piece of advice I could give to expedite any of it is to put yourself in the express lanes for seniors and people with a disability at immigration if you're old enough.  Back in 2020 that cut my time through immigration down to about 15 mins, but that was prior to all the COVID paperwork checkpoints before actually reaching immigration itself, so 2 extra queues to add to the normal now.  I arrived in January this year so they may of streamlined the process since they eased entry requirements in March, but just something else to consider.  

Edited by BrettGC

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Depends on the time of day when arriving. Early in morning is easy.. as the day gets later the number of flights landing gets higher, and so baggage gets slower and slower. Also depends what terminal you land at and which one you going to. Terminal  two early in day is ok, and if you know where to go can even go up to departures and snag a taxi to the next terminal there if you ignore the whistles of the offended security guards.  Terminal 3 is a permanent zoo.

.Forget the shuttle buses that struggle to maintain a schedule given the huge volume of traffic going to each terminal ...t

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, ThaiWolf said:

Bangkok - Manila          P.A.L.                Terminal 2  ?      Arrive  17.10
Manila - Iloilo                AirAsia             Terminal 4  ?      Depart 19.45

I read on the airport website the terminal shuttle buses run every 15 mins and will be quicker than a taxi because they run within the airport.

I have never done a transfer at NAIA so I can't comment on the bus or taxi option.  When I have been at the old domestic terminal 4 (years ago) it was quite crowded with long lines, but it may be better now.  Good luck!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Arriving on P.A.L and departing with them can be done in 2 1/2 hours provided there isn't a long line at immigration.  Have done that on entry in March  and departure in April.  That is because P.A.L have their own shuttle service and they make sure all their customers are on it.  Switching airlines has been a problem for me in the past, timewise, so I do not do that anymore.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 5/25/2022 at 3:51 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Arriving on P.A.L and departing with them can be done in 2 1/2 hours provided there isn't a long line at immigration.  Have done that on entry in March  and departure in April.  That is because P.A.L have their own shuttle service and they make sure all their customers are on it.  Switching airlines has been a problem for me in the past, timewise, so I do not do that anymore.

Cebu pacific have just 2 hours and 15 minutes layover for travel, Cebu- Manila- Malaysia. So they must know if its enough time as you have to pick up your bags and do the immigration thing before the flight.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Cebu pacific have just 2 hours and 15 minutes layover for travel, Cebu- Manila- Malaysia. So they must know if its enough time as you have to pick up your bags and do the immigration thing before the flight.

Do the bags go all the way through though?  When I flew Cebu Pacific thay had a bus that took me to another terminal from the runway.