Going solo for a month.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sanagimo said:

Angeles was fun but felt like a pedophile, not looking for young

So many Filipinas look young.  At 30 years old, my wife still gets asked for ID (in Canada) when she buys lottery tickets.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The Lonely Planet series of travel guidebooks is most excellent. You will find almost everything you need to know therein.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 5/28/2022 at 7:34 AM, sanagimo said:

Still up in the air!! Its hard to pick a place. Its seems hotels are cheap enough to rent one as a home base than go else where. So far Cebu seems like a good springboard to test the waters. If I pick Cebu could some of you veterans give me some wise words of wisdom.

If you come to Cebu city I can give you words of wisdom more so if you are buying the beers :smile: Suggestion is to find an airbnb if you are staying awhile. Stay in a Safe clean area like the IT Park where there are plenty of call center workers to chat up but not as many as pre covid. Keep away from the girly type bars as just a waste of time and find a girl who is working a normal job. Obviously call center works have good English so that helps also if your English is good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

sanagimo
Posted
Posted

I would definitely like to have a few beers with you JGF. Be there around August3rd. Looking forward to meeting you. 

• Like 2

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
On 5/28/2022 at 4:34 PM, Guy F. said:

The Lonely Planet series of travel guidebooks is most excellent. You will find almost everything you need to know therein.

I'll get that book. Thanks

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you come to Cebu city I can give you words of wisdom more so if you are buying the beers :smile: Suggestion is to find an airbnb if you are staying awhile. Stay in a Safe clean area like the IT Park where there are plenty of call center workers to chat up but not as many as pre covid. Keep away from the girly type bars as just a waste of time and find a girl who is working a normal job. Obviously call center works have good English so that helps also if your English is good.

Thanks beers sound great.

• Like 1