No RT-PCR for boosted foreigners or insurance

baronapart
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Currently yor departure flight must be within 30 days but you can extend your visa without any proof of an onward flight.

I really wanted to come for 60 days with a round trip ticket already purchased...

baronapart
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, baronapart said:

I really wanted to come for 60 days with a round trip ticket already purchased...

I am sure I will figure something out...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, baronapart said:

I really wanted to come for 60 days

You probably already know this but 60 days is a BAD number.  59 is perfect but the extra day will cost you thousands of pesos for an additional visa.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am sure I will figure something out...

They're pretty clear on it at the moment, it has to be a ticket with a return/onward trip within the 30 days regardless of your intentions.  The only thing I could suggest is book your flights return for the period of your of your intended stay and buy an additional throwaway with another airline to satisfy the BI requirement.  

The only spanner in the works is that it's the airlines that enforce the return/onward ticket at check-in on your flight on departure.  If they see a return date beyond the 30 days, they may not let you board?  Why do the airlines enforce it?  Because they wear the cost of your deportation flight if immigration spot that you don't have the onwards/return flight booked. .  

Having said all that, I've never been asked by immigration for my return/onwards ticket, but there's been a number of occasions that the airline has wanted proof at check-in, including my most recent entry in January.  

Edited by BrettGC
Stupid auto-correct on phone.
  • Like 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

They're pretty clear on it at the moment, it has to be a ticket with a return/onward trip within the 30 days regardless of your intentions.  The only thing I could suggest is book your flights return for the period of your of your intended stay and buy an additional throwaway with another airline to satisfy the BI requirement.  

The only spanner in the works is that it's the airlines that enforce the enforce the return/onward ticket at check-in on your flight on departure.  If they see a return date beyond the 30 days, they may not let you board?  Why do the airlines enforce it?  Because they wear the cost of your deportation flight if immigration spot that you don't have the onwards/return flight booked. .  

Having said all that, I've never been asked by immigration for my return/onwards ticket, but there's been a number of occasions that the airline has wanted proof at check-in, including my most recent entry in January.  

I agree. I have never been asked for it at immigration. They always seem completely indifferent. But I did see a guy get skewered by the airlines and denied boarding. You think they would want someone to come for a defined 60 day vacation. **shrugs**

Edited by baronapart

baronapart
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You probably already know this but 60 days is a BAD number.  59 is perfect but the extra day will cost you thousands of pesos for an additional visa.

Thanks, it always helps to be reminded of impending disaster))

• Like 1

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

I think (not sure) that this may be a hold over from when visitors had to quarantine upon arrival.  They were only allowed to stay in certain preapproved venues and had to have a reservation prior to arrival. 

Is it still gonna get easier to enter PI or should I be doing this PCR test and other stuff like the health insurance etc etc. gonna go broke even before leaving for the island

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, sanagimo said:

Is it still gonna get easier to enter PI or should I be doing this PCR test and other stuff like the health insurance etc etc. gonna go broke even before leaving for the island

Currently there is no requirement for testing, travel insurance, or quarantine as long as you have acceptable proof of covid vaccination.  I do not see it getting any easier in the near future but I could be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

It is the airlines that require a ticket proving you intend to depart the Philippines within 30 days. For my daughter I purchased a one way throwaway ticket to Singapore for 70USD on Scoot to satisfy that requirement. It satisfied them last week. She has a departure ticket for more than 30 days after her arrival so the cheap Scoot ticket satisfied the airlines requirement to obey Philippine immigration rules.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I agree. I have never been asked for it at immigration. They always seem completely indifferent.

Not "always".  I was only asked for it a few times, at immigration.  They only ever asked me when my exit ticket was on a separate billing from my arrival flight.  And only once did the immigration official ever plug my reference number into the computer and say "You are not show on the manifest for this flight"!.  Scared the shit out of me as I had one of those phony exit tickets but I bluffed my way through.  That was a decade or so ago.  Nowadays I would just have my phone set up to buy a ticket at the immigration if they pressed the point.  I don't see what they could do about it, provided the airline lets you get that far.

• Like 2