Thai driving license in Philippines

Happyexpat
Posted
Posted

I have 5 years thai drivier license ( not 2 years temporary one). Can i use this license in Philippines? Polices will accept it ?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Happyexpat said:

I have 5 years thai drivier license ( not 2 years temporary one). Can i use this license in Philippines? Polices will accept it ?

If I recall correctly you can use it for 3 months. Someone else might remember better than I can :tiphat:

• Like 2

Happyexpat
Posted
Posted

Can i convert it easily to Philippines license  without tests and exams ? Because i heard that in asean countries I can do it by help of an agency of course. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Happyexpat said:

Can i convert it easily to Philippines license  without tests and exams ? Because i heard that in asean countries I can do it by help of an agency of course. 

There are topics here that touch on these questions and usually go off topic into something else. Anyway do you really want to drive here? 

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Happyexpat said:

If it is not in English then they probably will not accept it.   For the same reason, you probably cannot get it converted to a Philippine license.  I read somewhere about an International Driver's License that is in English.  You will need to do your Due Diligence on that one.

• Thanks 1

Happyexpat
Posted
Posted

It is in English. I will not drive in Manila but i plan to visit islands such as Palawan and boracay  and beaches in Cebu. Maybe i can rent motorbike there. And in case of accidents insurances won’t pay anything if i have no driver license. So i asked. Thank you for answers.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I wonder what the fine is if you get caught driving without a local licence after these months is up?

I notice of late the local law enforcement people are having a crackdown on valid registered cars and motorcycles , I didn’t stop to find out.

cheers

• Thanks 1

sanagimo
Posted
Posted

Can an international car drivers license be good to rent a 50cc scooter? Here in Japan  its ok cuz its only 50cc

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, sanagimo said:

Can an international car drivers license be good to rent a 50cc scooter?

You won't find a 50cc scooter.  Smallest rental you will see is a 100cc and you need a license that clearly states it is good for motorcycles.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

I wonder what the fine is if you get caught driving without a local licence after these months is up?

There will be some who say you can slip the cop some pesos but that does not always work.  If they are strict, and you do not have the correct paperwork with you, they will confiscate your vehicle on the spot and take it to their impound lot until you can show the correct paperwork and pay the fine.  Been there, done that.

• Like 2