Converting Drivers License from CA to Philippines

KenM
Posted
Posted

I have been in the Philippines for five months as of the 4th of June. I am here in Cebu. I want to convert my CA license to the Philippines license for several reasons including that I've been here more than the 90 days to drive on my US license. I have both the motorcycle and motor vehicle endorsements from CA and want both of them here in the Philippines. Can anyone please point me towards finding accurate information on what I need to do, bring, and where to do these things? I see contradictory things on the internet and am confused. Thanks!

• Like 1

skippyscage
Posted
Posted

You'll usually have to take an exam etc to get a new license as the conversion process is only valid for 90 days.

Less than 90 days and they'll do a straight conversion with not tests.

YMMV

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Freebie said:

One of the great inconsistencies of life here is that the inconsistencies are consistent.. meaning, go to 5 LTO offices and you will get 5 different answers to your questions.

And even in the same office you will get 5 different answers from 5 different people, or even 5 different answers from the same person on 5 different days!:hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2