Booster shots

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yesterday we got booster shots so that its easy for me to return when I do a visa run.

The long wait and crowds are gone and the whole thing did not take long at all. We arrived at the Ayala mall over the road about 10am but vax opens at 8am. While we were there only one other getting a jab.

So the hype and push for vaccination is over but sure makes it easy.

Our first 2 doses were Pfizer so we had a choice of the same or Moderna. I chose Pfizer and GF just followed my choice.

ADDED

They told me I could come back in 4 months for another and I asked GF if they said that to her but she said no, maybe its my age as I recently turned over the hill.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yesterday we got booster shots so that its easy for me to return when I do a visa run.

How does a booster make it easier?

I was browsing the requirements for Singapore and Malaysia earlier, and didn't see anything other than "fully vaccinated".  Does Philippines have something about booster when you return?  I have not looked at the return angle yet.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

How does a booster make it easier?

I was browsing the requirements for Singapore and Malaysia earlier, and didn't see anything other than "fully vaccinated".  Does Philippines have something about booster when you return?  I have not looked at the return angle yet.

Yes if booster shot when returning/arriving the Philippines no longer require a RT–PCR since May 30th. Page 2, https://iatf.doh.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/20220526-IATF-Resolution-168-RRD.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0FRtEqEs6QkDZfQ-NkUz-TPQIweUSzegVLaaV5QSdNIN3pEap-yNukCC8

arriving.jpg

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 6/4/2022 at 12:32 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes if booster shot when returning/arriving the Philippines no longer require a RT–PCR since May 30th. Page 2, https://iatf.doh.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/20220526-IATF-Resolution-168-RRD.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0FRtEqEs6QkDZfQ-NkUz-TPQIweUSzegVLaaV5QSdNIN3pEap-yNukCC8

Here is the page for Arriving Filipinos.  It is the same.  I had to look it up because my 17 year old step daughter is fully vaccinated but not boosted.  Our travel will be after her 18th birthday, so I guess she needs to get boosted.  That sucks.  I really don't want any more Covid vaccines in the family.

285338995_394677892699989_1843697584063133836_n.jpg

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That sucks.  I really don't want any more Covid vaccines in the family.

Yes I understand. When I had my booster on Friday, by Friday night my eye were swollen and almost could not see out of one. Don't know if vax was the cause but felt unwell for about a day with slight fever but all seems fine now.

But at least it saves the issue of getting a test done before coming back.

Your children or yourself dont have to have the booster but will have to do the RT–PCR test. Booster just exempts us from testing.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Friday night my eye were swollen and almost could not see out of one.

????

fosters beer.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, scott h said:

????

No beer. A few hours earlier I had sprayed bleach on bathroom tiles so that might have been the issues with my eyes but dont know. 

• Like 1