About SSRV visa

Happyexpat
Posted
Posted

Hello , I am just arriving Philly and interested with SSRV. I am 40,  have no pension. 
there are 2 different SSRV , SSRV classic and smile. But I couldn’t understand,what is difference between them ? I am not interested to buy condo or something. Just i can deposit the required money. 
and another thing , how i will apply ?
i will just fill the form and send by email ? That is all ? How i will open bank account for SSRV and deposit  required money ?
And i read that i need police clearance from my home country. But how i will get it ? I am from Turkey but i am living in Thailand. And now i will come Philly. I need to go back Turkey and get police clearance ?

1. Quote

Original valid Police Clearance from country of origin, and an additional NBI Clearance, if applicant has stayed in the Philippines for over 30 days from last date of entry;

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Happyexpat said:

Hello , I am just arriving Philly and interested with SSRV. I am 40,  have no pension. 
there are 2 different SSRV , SSRV classic and smile. But I couldn’t understand,what is difference between them ? I am not interested to buy condo or something. Just i can deposit the required money. 
and another thing , how i will apply ?
i will just fill the form and send by email ? That is all ? How i will open bank account for SSRV and deposit  required money ?
And i read that i need police clearance from my home country. But how i will get it ? I am from Turkey but i am living in Thailand. And now i will come Philly. I need to go back Turkey and get police clearance ?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the SRRV is now limited to 50yrs old and above, it changed about March 2020.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the SRRV is now limited to 50yrs old and above, it changed about March 2020.

Bad or good news...

You may just have saved Happyexpat a load of hassle and money :tiphat:

If he chooses, he may be able to stay here in the Philippines as a tourist and do visa runs at a lower cost. I'm not sure what the rules are for Turkish passport holders, I think he can get visa on arrival (21 days) and then extend or he can get a tourist visa from the Philippine consule in Bangkok (180 days) and possible extend, not sure, maybe a better option if possible. More research needed... 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Colsie said:

I'm not sure what the rules are for Turkish passport holders, I think he can get visa on arrival (21 days)

Turkey is on the list of 30 day visa on arrival and can extend like most of us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Happyexpat said:

I am 40,  have no pension. 

As its already been said you have to wait for another 10 years and it says so on their website. Not sure how you missed it.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/#qualifications

• Like 3

Happyexpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Colsie said:

Bad or good news...

You may just have saved Happyexpat a load of hassle and money :tiphat:

If he chooses, he may be able to stay here in the Philippines as a tourist and do visa runs at a lower cost. I'm not sure what the rules are for Turkish passport holders, I think he can get visa on arrival (21 days) and then extend or he can get a tourist visa from the Philippine consule in Bangkok (180 days) and possible extend, not sure, maybe a better option if possible. More research needed... 

Thank you for answer. No visa required for Philippines for Turkish citizens. I will come for visa exemption and plan to extend it in immigration as much as i can. When i arrive Philippines i can stay 30 days , no 21 days. And will make extensions. I dont want to go embassy in Bangkok , i am very far from now than bkk

Edited by Happyexpat
  • Like 1

Happyexpat
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

As its already been said you have to wait for another 10 years and it says so on their website. Not sure how you missed it.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/#qualifications

Sorry friend , i missed it really. But what is purpose then ssrv. Yes i can extend my visa hassle free up to 36 months. But then why i need to buy it SSRV ? I also didn’t understand it. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Happyexpat said:

Sorry friend , i missed it really. But what is purpose then ssrv. Yes i can extend my visa hassle free up to 36 months. But then why i need to buy it SSRV ? I also didn’t understand it. 

The SRRV does have some advantages over a tourist visa; 

1) you don't have to leave the country after 3 years (cost of flights out and back)

2) you don't have to do regular extgensions (which cost pesos)

3) you can legally convert your foreign drivers license and drive here past 3 months (foreign tourists are only allowed to drive for 3 months... yes many get away with it but that doesn't make it legal)

4) you can open a local bank account (yes some people on tourist visas have opened them but it's getting harder and harder to do so)

5) you can join philhealth

there might be others but that's all I can think of now.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Happyexpat said:

I am 40,  have no pension. 

The Quota Visa may suit you better then.  Hard to get but may be worth it in the very long term, especially if you have no plans to marry a Filipina. 

https://kittelsoncarpo.com/philippine-visas/quota/

Quota Immigrant Visa

The Bureau of Immigration grants Quota Immigrant Visas to applicants who are national or citizen of the country which have diplomatic relations with the Philippines and grants the same immigration privileges to Filipinos under the principle of reciprocity.

Another preference of the Quota Immigrant Visa are the special qualifications of the foreign national such as a high educational attainment, technical knowledge, special experience, or exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, professions or business which will contribute to the national economy or be of national interest. The applicant must also have a sustainable investment which shall be approved by the Commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration.

The Quota Immigrant Visa shall be granted to the principal’s dependents, including spouses or minor children who are lawful permanent residents of the Philippines.

The Quota Immigrant visa is issued to fifty (50) of any one nationality per year. Any unused quota visa allotment for the preceding calendar year shall not be carried over to the succeeding calendar year.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The SRRV does have some advantages over a tourist visa; 

1) you don't have to leave the country after 3 years (cost of flights out and back)

2) you don't have to do regular extgensions (which cost pesos)

3) you can legally convert your foreign drivers license and drive here past 3 months (foreign tourists are only allowed to drive for 3 months... yes many get away with it but that doesn't make it legal)

4) you can open a local bank account (yes some people on tourist visas have opened them but it's getting harder and harder to do so)

5) you can join philhealth

there might be others but that's all I can think of now.

Hi Geof:

Actually, there is an annual renewal fee which - as of this year - was P18,000 if I remember correctly. It ends up being a similar cost to renewing the tourist visa, but the other benefits make it well worth while in my opinion. It is not an extension, exactly, just renewal...

I forgot to mention that an SRRV holder has unlimited departure and arrival privileges.. in other words, the holder can travel out of and into the country without restrictions.. 

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1