Some Advice For Foreigners In The Philippines

BrettGC

• Forum Support

We watch Pea often. Her content is fun and informative. 

• Like 3

I skipped foreword to her in a police uniform. So sweet pea arrest me, be gentle.:stop_80_anim_gif: 

• Love it 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Old55 said:

We do to :)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I skipped foreword to her in a police uniform. So sweet pea arrest me, be gentle.:stop_80_anim_gif: 

Funny thing that. My wife has never viewed those fun & happy endings Pea will do sometimes. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the culture is changing when it comes to complaining as 90% I see online these days is now locals, things are certainly improving and even some of the expats that had the attitude if we don't like it go home are grudgingly seeing benefits of complaining. It all boils down to how diplomatic we are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think the culture is changing when it comes to complaining as 90% I see online these days is now locals, things are certainly improving and even some of the expats that had the attitude if we don't like it go home are grudgingly seeing benefits of complaining. It all boils down to how diplomatic we are. 

I can't say I see much evidence of locals actually complaining in person, online may be different as I don't do much social media.

Example 1 - We were in McDonald's on Monday.  Waited in a long line and as I made it to the front I could see a few folk walking away without ordering but no complaints.  Turned out they only had McChicken burgers or Fried Chicken!  Being a troublesome foreigner I didn't take it on the chin - I asked to speak to the manager who immediately asked what I wanted and I gave him my order which was duly delivered to our table.

Example 2 - On Sunday in Ace Hardware I was waiting to pay in a long queue/line - as per usual there were countless staff standing around doing nothing but only 1 checkout in use.  When I got to the checkout I asked why and got the usual excuses.  Point being none of the customers in front of me said anything.  

Long story short - of all of the customers I was the only one who complained in either place despite being outnumbered 25-1 local/foreigner.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Old55 said:

I haven't watched because I thought it might be expert Reekay in disguise wearing a dress.  :chickendance:

• Haha 4

• Forum Support

My friends and family call that last piece of the food on the platter "the etiquette".   As Filipina Pea says it often goes home with someone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2022 at 1:53 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I haven't watched because I thought it might be expert Reekay in disguise wearing a dress.  :chickendance:

That'd want to be a very stretchy dress if it's going to start at Pea's size and end up at Reekay's size :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2