BI now has full access to the Interpol Database

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The 21st century is now catching up. Good news for many and bad news for some. 

ALL offices of the Bureau of Immigration now have access to the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol) database.

The access was made possible following the signing of a memorandum of agreement between the BI and the Philippine Center for Transnational Crime (PCTC).

Prior to this arrangement, the BI's access to the Interpol database was limited to immigration offices at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Clark International Airport, Bohol-Panglao International Airport, Subic International Airport, Cagayan North International Airport and Zamboanga International Airport.

Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said the BI-Interpol lateral coordination has already led to the arrest of foreigners and fugitives involved in transnational criminal activities.

"The use of the I-24/7 was limited to screening passengers at the international ports," said Morente.

https://www.manilatimes.net/2022/06/08/latest-stories/bi-now-fully-linked-to-interpol-database/1846588?fbclid=IwAR1FuTMm2Eed08MKo4mQlBPP16hN_548W_fvAH0_S695Ov3ZTqSg6C_S_XE

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

I dont know what this says about me...........but.........My first thought is that now the BI can now charge an Interpol record check "fee" when we renew our acr cards or visa renewals :Caught:

It was my third thought.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2022 at 10:18 PM, BrettGC said:

It was my third thought.....

I’m almost afraid to ask, but I have to …… what were your first and second thoughts? Lol.

My first thought was “Glad the DOS expunged and scrubbed my record when I left the DSS corp”. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Gator
  • Haha 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

I’m almost afraid to ask, but I have to …… what were your first and second thoughts? Lol.

My first thought was “Glad the DOS expunged and scrubbed my record when I left the DSS corp”. 🤣🤣🤣

That was this morning, you expect me to remember that far back? :89:

• Haha 1