How Did You Meet Your Wife/Partner/Girlfriend?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

purchase a Playboy key.

Did you at least get a piece of tail?

temp.jpg

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Did you at least get a piece of tail?

I think he got a bit of tail and ass and anything in between :SugarwareZ-005:

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
Reboot
Posted
Posted

I also met my wife on a dating site after clicking on an ad on a travel blog. Three trips and then she came to the US.

It's been over 6 years, and two (soon to be 3) kids since then.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Reboot said:

I also met my wife on a dating site after clicking on an ad on a travel blog. Three trips and then she came to the US.

It's been over 6 years, and two (soon to be 3) kids since then.

Always heartening to hear a good story

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

True story.  I met a good friend's wife online, they'd only been married one month. You can safely say she panicked when she saw I'd viewed her profile. I never did let on to him and they appear to be happily married now a couple of years down the line, they were the type that were continually falling out and arguing before marriage and thought marriage would sort it. Touch wood it's worked for them.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

True story.  I met a good friend's wife online, they'd only been married one month. You can safely say she panicked when she saw I'd viewed her profile. I never did let on to him and they appear to be happily married now a couple of years down the line, they were the type that were continually falling out and arguing before marriage and thought marriage would sort it. Touch wood it's worked for them.

Just as we were enjoying the feel-good factor of Reboot's post...

• Haha 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 6/10/2022 at 2:59 PM, BrettGC said:

We met online just on 9 years ago, had an interesting journey, and  have been married since February 2020.

Funny, I have nearly the exact same timeline. Do your wedding photos have masks, too?

On 6/10/2022 at 2:59 PM, BrettGC said:

I met my wife on a dating site.  Anecdotally, it appears we're one of the very rare success stories going down this path.

I think most successful relationships here start on a dating site, but at the same time, most dating site hookups do not end up successfully.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Funny, I have nearly the exact same timeline. Do your wedding photos have masks, too?

I think most successful relationships here start on a dating site, but at the same time, most dating site hookups do not end up successfully.

No masks, during the ceremony for the wedding party, but to enter The Hall of Justice, we all required them - courthouse wedding and government buildings had just mandated them.  It was February 14 so the lockdowns etc hadn't swept the world yet. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
Ricky
Posted
Posted

I met my wife in 2008 whilst working together on cruise ships, followed by dates in different countries as we travelled around. We lived in Southampton, Manila and Cebu before having a shotgun wedding due to visa requirements to move to the Middle East. Then ended up out in Australia. 

• Like 4