13a visa (permanent) approved but not yet implemented - overstay?!

gery0x
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2022 at 10:29 PM, Greglm said:

Although they have to be able to speak English that doesn't mean they understand spoken English well, also some people that call speak other languages. They can get into trouble for not answering questions over the phone so it's best to not answer.

That's absolutely understandable from a personal point of view; I know the struggle of talking English to Chinese or Japanese or Korean people... :huh:

Also it's quite unfair to punish the BI-workers if they can't answer the questions correctly, especially when it's due to lack of communication.

But from a professional point of view something should be done here! This is an immigration office and of course 99% of the phone calls would be held in English language.

If they get too much "nosebleed" from talking English then maybe they should open a hotline that is "Filipino only" so our wives or friends can call for us.

Just letting the phone ring cannot be the solution LOL!

Just my opinion...

2 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

My 13a (permanent) application wasn’t submitted to Manila until after the lawyers interview of course.

A small side note to this interview:

when I did my probationary last year the "interview" was just an informal (no BI-Doc-Nr.) piece of paper with a couple of questions for both me and my spouse to fill out - like "where did you meet?", "how did you meet?", "have you visited each other's countries before?" and so on...

(We had to have the paper notarized before submitting it BTW)

When applying for the permanent-13a there was no interview at all, the reply-slip said "Interview: waived".

It still puzzles me as to when this interview will be conducted and when it won't?

Sometimes it seems to differ from one BI-office to another, sometimes it seems to depend on the applicant/petitioner.

In my case my wife and me were married for more than 7 years already before even filing for the 13a-prob., so maybe they thought "ahh no need to interview them, this cannot be human trafficking or visa fraud...." :biggrin:

Anyways, thanks a lot again for your situation report @Huggybearman, this cleared literally all of my concerns! :cheersty:

Edited by gery0x
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, gery0x said:

Sometimes it seems to differ from one BI-office to another,

Always does

9 hours ago, gery0x said:

But from a professional point of view something should be done here! This is an immigration office and of course 99% of the phone calls would be held in English language.

If this country can run call centers to answer calls from other countries then the BI  can answer questions too. Example my GF is a call center agent, she's had US accounts and UK accounts and now on a USA health insurance account so her and all her co workers can understand and answer questions so there is no reason BI people can not be trained to answer English speaking phone calls.

If they spent some money they could have certain numbers for Koreans or some of the other main visitors to assist in the same language as many Filipinos speak more than one.

Anyway that's off topic. You seemed to have your answer which is  don't worry about it. If in the worse case scenario all you would get is a fine of 500 a month and another 500 for motion to reconsider overstay.