HSBC rule changes

hk blues
Posted
Posted

The thing that boils my p**s so much about all of this is that it has next to no effect on those they are trying to weed out i.e. money launderers and crooks.  They are all too clever for the systems and can circumvent them.  Meanwhile, the little guys like us pay the price.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I received another call from them today about 4:30pm to inform me it's because I'm not a resident. I pointed out this was meant to have been sorted in April when I sent my passport with SRRV sticker, copy of my SRRV card and a letter from my Barangay Capt saying I'd lived there over 5yrs. 

I also explained that I made lots of calls last week over the same issue and again was confirmed twice that my residency had been up dated to which she replied "but that was your savings account." I asked her to explain how I can be a resident for savings but not for a current account that is set up in the same bank at the same time using the same paperwork?  A few seconds of silence followed by we will update all your accounts and the current transaction has now gone through.  Just checked my account and guess what. :bash:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I received another call from them today

I have also been frustrated by certain banks.  That is why I learned long ago to ALWAYS have 2 bank accounts wherever I am at.  I do not have enough money to make it really worthwhile but I do have piece of mind.

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have also been frustrated by certain banks.  That is why I learned long ago to ALWAYS have 2 bank accounts wherever I am at.  I do not have enough money to make it really worthwhile but I do have piece of mind.

I'm off to open a BDO account. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm off to open a BDO account. :thumbsup:

Good move, BDO seems to have more atm’s than the competition.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

BDO seems to have more atm’s than the competition

I am curious why that matters.  My account was with a Metrobank subsidiary but I frequently used BDO atms without an account at BDO.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I am with BPI and they have one ATM in the whole city, and it is placed on a footpath where the homeless children hover when I am making a withdrawal. I should have gone with BDO.

That is why it matters.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

That is why it matters.

Still don't matter.  Use the BDO machine.  You do not need their bank account to use their ATM.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Still don't matter.  Use the BDO machine.  You do not need their bank account to use their ATM.

It costs 17php though!  Joking apart, If I want to take 20K out of my BPI account then I cannot do it anywhere except a BPI ATM.  With my Metrobank account I can take more than 40-50K from any machine though.  Go figure it!  

If I was starting over I'd have opened an account with BDO but can't be bothered having 3 accounts here and the issues above are no big deal.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, hk blues said:

With my Metrobank account I can take more than 40-50K from any machine though.  Go figure it!  

I see.  I figured if I could do it with my Metrobank account then it could also be done with a BPI account.  I have not tried that.  You have.  I was wrong.  Glad I only used banks like RSBC, Metrobank, Maybank, and similar ones as they all allowed it.