HSBC rule changes

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I see.  I figured if I could do it with my Metrobank account then it could also be done with a BPI account.  I have not tried that.  You have.  I was wrong.  Glad I only used banks like RSBC, Metrobank, Maybank, and similar ones as they all allowed it.

Yep, I have just about figured out the exact policies that my 2 banks, BPI and Metrobank, have on withdrawals from their machine and others.  With BPI I can withdraw 20k in one transaction from a BPI machine but max 10k from other bank's ATMs but they are daily limits.  With Metrobank I can withdraw only 10k per transaction but can have numerous transactions per day (I've tried up to 5 with no problem) regardless of ATM. China Bank ATMs have suddenly stopped accepting my BPI card but OK with Metrobank card!

I full expect someone else to have a different experience of these things here from  mine!

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm now on call number 12 where I've had to explain every issue I am having and who I dealt with and have been assured they will look into it and get right back to me. By getting right back to me I think they mean a different person will call me back and ask me what are the issues I'm having, who I have spoken to and someone will get back to me. I can feel a flight to Manila coming on. I even got the managers number but it goes straight to voice mail and surprise, surprise she doesn't return the call. 

Do not touch the HSBC with a barge pole. 

Attached is the circular from the BSP apparently which they say all banks should be following. 

NON RESIDENT MATRIX.pdf

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/23/2022 at 3:18 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am curious why that matters.  My account was with a Metrobank subsidiary but I frequently used BDO atms without an account at BDO.

I think all banks charge a fee to use ATMs from other banks. 15 or 20 peso don't seem much but adds up.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think all banks charge a fee to use ATMs from other banks. 15 or 20 peso don't seem much but adds up.

17php for the big guys, 14php for some smaller ones. I think it's damned expensive t.b.h. especially if you need to do 2x transactions - almost enough to buy a beer. Even checking your balance is like 3 or 4 php. 

I've also noted in the past month that the two BPI ATMs I use have now started limiting withdrawals to just 1 or 2k, no chance to get 10k. I'd need to do 5 or 10 transactions to get my 10k. I gave up and use another banks ATM and bite the 17php charge.

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/26/2022 at 10:55 AM, hk blues said:

I've also noted in the past month that the two BPI ATMs I use have now started limiting withdrawals to just 1 or 2k, no chance to get 10k. I'd need to do 5 or 10 transactions to get my 10k. I gave up and use another banks ATM and bite the 17php charge.

I have not found that here. Yet

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have not found that here. Yet

I wasn't able to test out the latest status on this because both BPI machines in the 2 malls I visited on Sunday were not dispensing any cash!