Another phone call

Joey G
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, stevewool said:

she is buying a bargain condo for 1.2 million peso for her daughter to stay while she is going to college

I gotta say... this is waaaay more common than I would have thought. Almost all my wife's nieces and nephews have stayed in places that were purchased by their parents. They even took out loans to buy them sometimes.  A few were about the size of a large prison cell, but one sister built a whole house for "everyone in the family" to use just for this reason.  

Note - We never got involved in any of it... loans, down payments, tuition, etc. :biggrin:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Maybe she is mature and considerate, but I would be worried that she would invite a bunch of friends to live in the Marikina house.  Then those friends invite friends, could turn into a sorority/frat/party house.  And some young people, especially in groups,, can be rough on a house.

• Like 4

Gator
Posted
Posted

No dorms or bedspacer / boarding houses near the school? Or is she too good to stay in one of them? Lol

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, stevewool said:

but I am not that mean so I have offered our house in Marikina that she could use for free

7 hours ago, Mike J said:

Maybe she is mature and considerate, but I would be worried that she would invite a bunch of friends to live in the Marikina house.  Then those friends invite friends, could turn into a sorority/frat/party house.  And some young people, especially in groups,, can be rough on a house.

If they take the offer up of the house, I'll chuck in for the rent if I can stay, thanks. :thumbsup:

• Haha 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You might want to consider that she may never leave and you wont get your house back.

I’ve given up the thought that the house was ever mine in the first place 

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gator said:

No dorms or bedspacer / boarding houses near the school? Or is she too good to stay in one of them? Lol

That’s what I looked at straight away , but that is not good enough , not for the girl but for her mother .

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

After trying to get more information about this condo and where it is , we have drawn a blank no more information coming our way, so can you buy a condo for 1.2 million peso ,plus what sort of monthly maintenance cost would there be , I don’t think you buy at that price 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

After trying to get more information about this condo and where it is , we have drawn a blank no more information coming our way, so can you buy a condo for 1.2 million peso ,plus what sort of monthly maintenance cost would there be , I don’t think you buy at that price 

You'd be very lucky to get a condo even in a bad area of Manila for 1.2m and certainly not near any good school or university but it's better than a sick caribou I suppose. . 

• Haha 4