Jump to content

Australian holiday with my GF


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Looking at taking my girlfriend /partner home to Aus for holiday... but... Wondering whether its a good idea :89:

I haven't been back to Aus since July 2011. 

The girl and I have been living together over 7 years now already...

I guess one of the challenges we might face is cultural as she's young and attractive and I'm... Well... Not...so there's big age gap... 

In general, do any forum members have any advice?

Has anyone had experience of taking their filipina to Aus and if so what are the pitfalls? 

Edited by Colsie
Added more blah blah blah...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont see any problem. Yes some might look at you because of the age gap but who cares?  Where are you intending on going while there? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Colsie said:

Looking at taking my girlfriend /partner home to Aus for holiday... but... Wondering whether its a good idea :89:

I haven't been back to Aus since July 2011. 

The girl and I have been living together over 7 years now already...

I guess one of the challenges we might face is cultural as she's young and attractive and I'm... Well... Not...so there's big age gap... 

In general, do any forum members have any advice?

Has anyone had experience of taking their filipina to Aus and if so what are the pitfalls? 

The main issue would be to get her through immigration if its first time. We had a long wait some years ago and almost missed flight just going Vietnam for a vacation.

Totally ignore comments or looks from others once in Aussie. Its a non event in my opinion, she must understand this also.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont see any problem. Yes some might look at you because of the age gap but who cares?  Where are you intending on going while there? 

I wouldn't care, just have to toughen the girl up a bit... 

Planning on heading back to Perth, south to Busselton and maybe up north to Coral Bay, although Coral Bay is a 12hr drive, scratch that if fuel prices remain high :89:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, RBM said:

The main issue would be to get her through immigration if its first time. We had a long wait some years ago and almost missed flight just going Vietnam for a vacation.

Totally ignore comments or looks from others once in Aussie. Its a non event in my opinion, she must understand this also.

Yes, you're right RBM, I've experienced the ordeal of getting my girl out through immigration three times before, I know the drill. At the end of the day, it all depends on which immigration officer. But there are things too do to mitigate the risk of her getting refused to leave. 

You've hit the nail on the head, she'll have to ignore comments or looks...trouble is she's a bit fiesty lol 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Do you think if your married to your girl it makes any difference to this immigration interrogation when you take her overseas for the first time?

Edited by OzeMike
Spelling
  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why you'd worry or care about looks and I doubt many if any comments will be made within earshot. 

It's just a matter of getting on with it - I'm confused though about this as in 1 post you talk about your partner having to toughen up yet in the next she's feisty! Hopefully not too feisty as that won't necessarily end well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure why you'd worry or care about looks and I doubt many if any comments will be made within earshot. 

It's just a matter of getting on with it - I'm confused though about this as in 1 post you talk about your partner having to toughen up yet in the next she's feisty! Hopefully not too feisty as that won't necessarily end well.

The intention of my original post was too look at what pitfalls I might encounter in taking my girl on holiday to Aus...and whether anyone has done similar. I didn't mean to focus the topic on age difference... 

Toughen up, as not take such remarks to heart lol... Yes, it wouldn't end well if she got upset or cross over such things...

I'm still trying to think of any issues with taking her there, but can only think of how much she'd enjoy it... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OzeMike said:

Do you think if your married to your girl it makes any difference to this immigration interrogation when you take her overseas for the first time?

Being married to my girl wouldn't hurt getting through immigration but at the end of the day, I've taken her overseas three times already. The first two times immigration didn't bat and eyelid...I thought I would have struggled the first time I took her as we'd only been together a couple of years, she hadn't been out of the country before and she was only 21yo... But no problem... Same with the second time we went away... But the third time the female immigration officer was a nightmare and it was touch and go whether we'd get through... But I kept calm and I provided enough evidence to show the intentions of our trip was simply a vacation. 

Being married couldn't hurt, but showing photos that you've been together for years is one of the things the usually ask for...

I wouldn't get married to appease an immigration officer lol :hystery:

 

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Colsie said:

I'm still trying to think of any issues with taking her there, but can only think of how much she'd enjoy it... 

She might not want to leave! 
Visas applications are taking a bit longer than usual. My wife’s took 60 days were as in the past it was below 30. Pisses her off as mine takes under 24hrs and she has more money than me! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...