Australian holiday with my GF

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Gas said:

She might not want to leave! 
Visas applications are taking a bit longer than usual. My wife’s took 60 days were as in the past it was below 30. Pisses her off as mine takes under 24hrs and she has more money than me! 

Good point Gas, but I think her typical filipina bond to her family is too strong to keep her from the Philippines... But ultimately, if we decided to live in Aus for a while, we could if I went back to work. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

But, for now, I was planning on taking her on holiday, so hope to get her a tourist visa with me as the guarantor...so appreciate your comment on the current waiting time for visa applications, as I would any other comments you can make about the process. 

Edited by Colsie

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Colsie said:

The intention of my original post was too look at what pitfalls I might encounter in taking my girl on holiday to Aus...and whether anyone has done similar. I didn't mean to focus the topic on age difference... 

Toughen up, as not take such remarks to heart lol... Yes, it wouldn't end well if she got upset or cross over such things...

I'm still trying to think of any issues with taking her there, but can only think of how much she'd enjoy it... 

Hands up Colsie, I'm really struggling to think what issues there would be if not related to the age difference.

Maybe you're overthinking things a little?

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I don't think there's any hard and fast rules with getting past immigration once you have the visa, it pretty much depends on who is on duty that day.  I took my then partner to Cambodia, she was 29yrs old but looked about 16yrs old, cute and very pretty.  I was 54yrs old and looked like I had a paper round in the Himalayas, it was her first time out of country.  I skipped through immigration and she was asked who she was travelling with and how long we had known each other then she was also let through. 

My mate was doing the same trip a few weeks later and is partner also had never been out of the country, being polite she hadn't aged well and looked a similar age as my friend. They got the third degree, pulled out of the queue and took into seperate rooms and their phones gone through to confirm the relationship, took a good hour if I remember correctly before they were both allowed to board. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I don't think there's any hard and fast rules with getting past immigration once you have the visa, it pretty much depends on who is on duty that day.  I took my then partner to Cambodia, she was 29yrs old but looked about 16yrs old, cute and very pretty.  I was 54yrs old and looked like I had a paper round in the Himalayas, it was her first time out of country.  I skipped through immigration and she was asked who she was travelling with and how long we had known each other then she was also let through. 

As I've said before, its usually the first time out that the will question the Filipina. Almost a requirement but if people do their homework before heading to the airport there usually wont be any problems.

Soon I will take my GF out for the second time but as with the first we will be ready with,

Photos of us together

Lease in both names to prove we are together

Certificate of work for her proving she has a job to come back to.

And anything else we think of to show she is comming back.

Last time she was taken for interrogation, basically answer questions on a form then get asked the same questions. Shown immigration photos, return ticket, whatever. Then they allowed her through after warning her to come back, the officer actually said something like, l better see you here on (Date).

The routine is to intimidate the Filipino to see if they can break them in case they have other plans.

I understand the human trafficking issue, illegal overseas job issues and criminals recruiting issues but dont know if other countries stop or question their own citizens free right to come and go as they please.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Colsie
Posted
Posted

I was naive to think it would be reasonably easy to take my partner for a vacation in Australia, despite having Australian citizenship. :no:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Colsie said:

I was naive to think it would be reasonably easy to take my partner for a vacation in Australia, despite having Australian citizenship. :no:

Do tell!

• Like 1

Colsie
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Do tell!

The visitor visa application is online and 19 pages long and the amount of details needed and documents to be upload extensive... 

Even though I have an Australian passport and been in a de facto relationship with my partner for over 7 years, it unlikely to effect the outcome of her application...I can't even sponsor her as I'm not "settled" in Aus anymore...hardly worth the hassle for a few weeks holiday lol 

Just learnt there's a new rule from April 2022 and applicants have to go and get their biometrics scanned after submitting their application and prior to being approved/rejected... There's just two places to do this, Manila or Cebu...not sure how much it will cost for the scans, but travel and accommodation is another cost.. 

Add to this, there's a backlog of applications not processed because of the covid years and a new applications because travel is now easier again, process times are now 90% done within 4 months...

Hmmm...the online application is 150AUD... 

Maybe better to take the girl somewhere else on holiday lol... 

• Like 5

RBM
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Colsie said:

The visitor visa application is online and 19 pages long and the amount of details needed and documents to be upload extensive... 

Even though I have an Australian passport and been in a de facto relationship with my partner for over 7 years, it unlikely to effect the outcome of her application...I can't even sponsor her as I'm not "settled" in Aus anymore...hardly worth the hassle for a few weeks holiday lol 

Just learnt there's a new rule from April 2022 and applicants have to go and get their biometrics scanned after submitting their application and prior to being approved/rejected... There's just two places to do this, Manila or Cebu...not sure how much it will cost for the scans, but travel and accommodation is another cost.. 

Add to this, there's a backlog of applications not processed because of the covid years and a new applications because travel is now easier again, process times are now 90% done within 4 months...

Hmmm...the online application is 150AUD... 

Maybe better to take the girl somewhere else on holiday lol... 

Best advice I can give is be extra early at immigration, we met several people whom missed flights due to the back log of interviews. Although we were very early just managed to board, last on plane.

• I'm Confused 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Colsie said:

The online application was fairly simple and could be done from home which was always a bonus. 
The new biometrics rule is a pain and affects everyone irrespective of their nationality, unless they are excluded or exempt from the biometric program. 
We have kids in Oz and go on a regular basis, so it’s a trip to Manila every year which is a pain. 

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
Colsie
Posted
Posted
On 8/31/2022 at 9:23 AM, Gas said:

The online application was fairly simple and could be done from home which was always a bonus. 
The new biometrics rule is a pain and affects everyone irrespective of their nationality, unless they are excluded or exempt from the biometric program. 
We have kids in Oz and go on a regular basis, so it’s a trip to Manila every year which is a pain. 

All done visa granted. Took about 10 days from submitting the visa application, because I booked the Biometrics appointment  a week into the 14 days allowed.

Did the Biometrics in Cebu we got to VFS at 6:45 am and was allowed inside the building at 7am...took about 30 mins and it was all done and we strolled back to the Hop Inn where we were staying. 

The next morning she recieved an email saying her visa had been granted. 

Recommend choosing the first appointment time at VFS for the Biometrics (7am)

Now the next challenge is for her to get through immigration in Manila... 

I dont think she needs to do the lecture thing that used to be done by the nuns, as she's on a tourist visa and just going on holiday. 

Does anyone know if she has to do the lecture thing? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1