Dog vaccinations

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Just wondering if there is tablets available for all the things that the vaccines cover?

When our Belgian was a  puppy the vets assistant cut his nails too short and drew blood. 

He is now petrified of going anywhere near the vet and starts to growl when anyone at the vet goes near him, so much so that he has to be muzzled and restrained.

TIA

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I am not aware of any meds that take the place of shots.  If the dog is afraid/anxious at the vet consider doing the shots yourself.  The vaccines and needles are available at most agrivet shops.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Just wondering if there is tablets available for all the things that the vaccines cover?

When our Belgian was a  puppy the vets assistant cut his nails too short and drew blood. 

He is now petrified of going anywhere near the vet and starts to growl when anyone at the vet goes near him, so much so that he has to be muzzled and restrained.

TIA

I read many Local government's do free vax at times. No I dont mean covid vaccinations but shots for animals but might not in your area.  Probably would not help if the dog is afraid as will pick up on what's going on even if done in an outdoor setting.