overstay 2 weeks

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

what fine can I expect for overstay of 2 weeks?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

500PHP/month plus a motion for reconsideration fee of 500PHP if you do renew.  Potential blackbanning as well but I've never heard of it happening for cases under 6 months.  

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

thanks Brett.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

if you do renew.

They will make you renew.  Just to clear that up, you pay the 1,000 PHP fine PLUS the same renewal fee you would have paid so an overstay after 30 days would pay that 1,000 PHP plus the usual P3,030 for a 29 day extension.

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They will make you renew.  Just to clear that up, you pay the 1,000 PHP fine PLUS the same renewal fee you would have paid so an overstay after 30 days would pay that 1,000 PHP plus the usual P3,030 for a 29 day extension.

And if I want to extend for 2 months? I suppose I could always try my luck for a 6 month extension.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

And if I want to extend for 2 months? I suppose I could always try my luck for a 6 month extension.

The 2 months following your first 59 days is the most expensive renewal.  I forget the exact amount but it could be 8,000 pesos.  After that they get cheaper.  I have been told in the past they will not give a 6 month extension if you have been late renewing a previous visa but everyone has a different experience.  Try bringing donuts.  That's a nice gift and yet not a bribe.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

what fine can I expect for overstay of 2 weeks?

Is this an overstay on your initial entry or at the 36 month point?

At the 36 month you will need a motion of consideration to extend, mine cost just short of 20k peso and I still had two weeks left.

If at the initial entry you will need a notarised letter explaining why you overstayed which costs about 500 peso then your 500 peso fine and extension fees with express lane. 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted (edited)

Snowy, I missed my third extension of two months by 18 days tomorrow.

Edited by Onemore52

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

A friend in a similar position needed a notarized letter explaining why he overstayed then he got hit with the usual 500 peso fine, 500 peso Express lane an usual visa fees. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

If you have difficulty getting extensions done because of location you might want to consider an agent doing it for you. My accredited agent holds on to my passport and  takes care of extensions then sends me proof of official BI receipts and then l send her the money. She used to pickup and drop back the passport but when covid hit she was not able to get through a covid area block so I told her to hold onto it which worked out easier. Even if you dont have someone in your area, her or others can do it for you for a fee. Many Travel agents offer the service but I dont like that idea as you never know who has your passport.

• Like 2