VPN-No longer access to Lotto sites.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I tried to access my Australian lotto site via my VPN, it was ok yesterday but today access denied.

They must be clamping down on overseas access.

Viking
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Is not that the whole purpose of using a VPN??

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I tried to access my Australian lotto site via my VPN, it was ok yesterday but today access denied.

Looks like its your VPN or settings as I can log in using a browser VPN. 

lotto.PNG

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Looks like its your VPN or settings as I can log in using a browser VPN. 

lotto.PNG

Same here with Nord VPN.  Which VPN are you using Mike?

Edited by BrettGC

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Same here with Nord VPN

I only use a free chrome extension called DewVPN as lotto is the only thing I use a VPN for and works fine for me. No ads or anything. 

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Viking said:

Is not that the whole purpose of using a VPN??

It is what they are mostly used for but may not be legal to do so in every case.  Companies like Netflix don't necessarily want users in the Philippines to access the US content for example.  

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I only use a free chrome extension called DewVPN as lotto is the only thing I use a VPN for and works fine for me. No ads or anything. 

Dewvpn worked well, and it’s free bonus.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Onemore52 said:

Dewvpn worked well, and it’s free bonus.

Glad to hear it.  Other issue cleared up as well I'm guessing as you are able to post?

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

I had a similar problem and was able to work around it by clearing the cache of the program, completely shutting it down or logging out, then changing the server location of your VPN (I use Express and I switch from Miami to LA as example), then completely rebooting your app, Fire Stick, Roku, or whatever you are using.  About 95% of the time it clears and I can watch no problem for a month or two then I have to repeat.  If not, I continue to redo the process and change server locations and every time it has eventually cleared.  My wife and I have been able to continue watching our US based programs by doing this and I believe it will work for the Aussie and UK programs too.  What's happening is the programs, Netflix, Prime, and others such as yours, are changing their software to seek out VPN users and the VPN companies are battling back by continuing to update their programs in attempts to fool them.  It's an ongoing war between them that's never ending.  You might consider calling or connecting online to your VPN companies Tech support and they can help you with any latest methods they have to over come it. Additionally, calling them helps them know where the problems are.   All of my info comes from Express VPN Techs and they also update me with their best server locations to defeat the problem. Some of their servers are specifically set up to defeat this problem.  Bottom line, the problem you are having is well known by all of the VPN companies and some are actively overcoming it, but some are not.  If they tell you they are not aware of it, it's BS I assure you.  Good luck my friend and don't give up on it, you can temporarily defeat it.  :cheersty: 

• Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Try NordVpn trial. 👍

Changed from express vpn to NordVpn and smooth sailing a year now. Netflix, prime video and more.

• Like 1