PhilHealth, pay for the time you been overseas or not, to continue?

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Been overseas 2+ years, so when I return, if I want to continue PhilHealth do I have to catch up and pay for the time I was away?

Pre-covid I was away for 8 months and when I came back in country and to PhilHealth office, I show my passport and stamps from Thailand, they wanted full payment for the time I was overseas, to 'continue coverage'. Wasn't given the option to start fresh new membership. That was then I hope.

Paying for 2+ years I was not in PH, is not going to happen.

Any actual experience with similar situation? Apply at another office or city? Or pay up or forget PhilHealth?

Have top expat insurance with deductible in addition, but prefer small claims minus 30%+-  PhilHealth discount paid by myself

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

When I looked at setting my partner back up with Phil Health it required payments for the years missed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

When I looked at setting my partner back up with Phil Health it required payments for the years missed.

Appreciate that info, although that mean many returning customers will not continue PhilHealth.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, CebuAndy said:

Appreciate that info, although that mean many returning customers will not continue PhilHealth.

That's exactly what I told the woman. Usual commonsense, if you've never had Phil Health and want it you just sign up and get your annual cover, my partner was covered under a previous job but it expired 4yrs ago, they wanted the missed 4yrs of payments and no amount of trying to convince them it's a crazy rule helped. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

they wanted the missed 4yrs of payments and no amount of trying to convince them it's a crazy rule helped. 

I think its the same for a vehicle registration.  Even if you put it up on blocks on your own property they demand that you pay all the missed years plus penalty if you ever want to put it back on the road.  Crazy rules.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

That's exactly what I told the woman. Usual commonsense, if you've never had Phil Health and want it you just sign up and get your annual cover, my partner was covered under a previous job but it expired 4yrs ago, they wanted the missed 4yrs of payments and no amount of trying to convince them it's a crazy rule helped. 

I suppose it's to discourage people from dipping in and out of the system and all that admin hassle that would bring. 

• Like 2

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I suppose it's to discourage people from dipping in and out of the system and all that admin hassle that would bring. 

That might be so, but to think that natives who couldn't afford to pay last 2,5 years, now will catch up with outstanding payment to continue, they (should) know that this is impossible.

And that we foreigners will cough up 16,000 (?) X 2,5-3 years should be beyond imaginable, even for philhealth administration. For most younger than 55 years and in average good health, would normally take many years to make it worthwhile to pay 40-50k peso.

Assuming unemployment is still at a All Time High, and fewer new applications, this is a lose lose situation for philhealth, but explaining that to them is like :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, CebuAndy said:

That might be so, but to think that natives who couldn't afford to pay last 2,5 years, now will catch up with outstanding payment to continue, they (should) know that this is impossible.

And that we foreigners will cough up 16,000 (?) X 2,5-3 years should be beyond imaginable, even for philhealth administration. For most younger than 55 years and in average good health, would normally take many years to make it worthwhile to pay 40-50k peso.

Assuming unemployment is still at a All Time High, and fewer new applications, this is a lose lose situation for philhealth, but explaining that to them is like :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Hey, I don't at all agree with the policy and see many issues with it, including those you have mentioned.  I was just trying to come up with a grain of logic amongst the dessert of illogical thinking!

• Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Hey, I don't at all agree with the policy and see many issues with it, including those you have mentioned.  I was just trying to come up with a grain of logic amongst the dessert of illogical thinking!

All good here, I did totally see your point, my reply was more against the lack of common sense and math in P-H management, when they even want the native people to pay outstanding to be able to continue.

Sorry if it sounded like I attacked your post, that was never my intention, honestly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, CebuAndy said:

All good here, I did totally see your point, my reply was more against the lack of common sense and math in P-H management, when they even want the native people to pay outstanding to be able to continue.

Sorry if it sounded like I attacked your post, that was never my intention, honestly.

No worries - I can see why you thought that - the "Hey" wasn't really meant to sound defensive. 

All good mate!