How is Cebu city currently? For single tourists and semi-expats

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You will still find expats in The social plus Park social and other places throughout the city but not the same numbers as a few years ago.

That's good to know for single tourist who hope to meet old expat friends, and make new ones.

Since 2017 nightlife changed very much, decline everywhere, and when the food court took over mango square, we didn't go there anymore. The new hip super clubs in  Mandaue was never visited by my friends and myself. I guess we finally grow up, qualifying for senior line many of us 🧓👴 (not senior moments yet, but it's around the corner)

4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Anyway I said this somewhere else, if you have money its a good time to buy up closed business if you wanted one as will be cheap and the future can only get better (Maybe)

To add to that I do see some progess in moving forward with people opening new business.

Pattaya Thailand has a building boom optimism last 2 months, refreshing to see, but in these pandemic times, things can change in a whim. Thailand finally told the real new covid cases ..... 29,000 on average ... per day ... since end of June.

Yes this is a time to buy up a failed business as long one calculate in or can make a educated guess WHEN the new normal times will start again.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2022 at 1:03 PM, jimdones said:

News was that the Cebu admin went 'rogue' and cancelled the masks outdoors mandate. What's the situation there in this specific regard? If I stroll around IT park, are most people still walking around wearing masks? Will I get fined if I don't?

In metro Cebu City 90%+ people are wearing masks outdoors along major roadways or nicer areas. I'm sure it declines significantly as you enter interior areas so to say.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

Malls require One Health Pass to enter and mandatory mask although I've seen the odd Korean not wearing a mask in Ayala Mall today.

They don't check anything except bags at SM Seaside.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

Malls require One Health Pass to enter

Not sure where that is? Just a temp test and mask around here. One health pass is for entering the country. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure where that is? Just a temp test and mask around here. One health pass is for entering the country. 

Thank you Tom and Don you guys would know better than me.

Edited by Old55

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I've only been to Ayala and the guards requires the health pass from your phone.

Funny how things change.  I spent a lot of time in Ayala mall, Cebu during March and was never asked for the health pass or anything like that.  Probably a temperature check on the finger and maybe a mask, those were everywhere, but I do not remember.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Funny how things change.  I spent a lot of time in Ayala mall, Cebu during March and was never asked for the health pass or anything like that.  Probably a temperature check on the finger and maybe a mask, those were everywhere, but I do not remember.

You are correct. There is no need to show health pass at malls. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

You are correct. There is no need to show health pass at malls. 

In our SM on Sunday nothing beyond the usual bag check and cursory weapon check.  Not sure what would happen if we weren't masked up as everyone is anyway.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

SM City by the harbor area same as pre-covid.  No temp check.

• 2 months later...
Kingpin
Posted
Posted

On 7/8/2022 at 3:10 AM, CebuAndy said:

Are supermarkets fully stocked, or many items missing?

They always were, the only issues were per customer limits on certain items and that's long ended.

Condo rental same rate as pre-covid, or higher rates now?

Rental rates are lower because there are much less renters.

Restaurants and drinking bars, what's the current situation and opening hours?

The malls are open so the restaurants are open.

Masks are still required in malls but not outdoors.

What's funny is there seems to be a lot less people indoors, and yet traffic is as bad as it ever was.

• Like 2