Forms SSA-7161 and SSA-7162 are in the mail June 2022

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

The postal service disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic have resolved in the majority of countries. The Social Security Administration will resume mailing the forms SSA-7161 and SSA-7162 in late June 2022. Forms will be mailed according to the schedule that was in effect prior to the pandemic (i.e. if you were expecting a form in 2020, you will receive it in 2022; 2021 in 2023). Please complete and return the forms promptly to avoid suspension of benefits.

Contact Us by Fax

You may send inquiries and forms to us by fax at 833-719-0632.

https://www.ssa.gov/foreign/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Anybody received their form yet?  I know a guy in Angeles who got his, but he has an RAO USPS mailbox where it was delivered.  No interference from Philpost.

Our first year of SS was 2019.  My kids and I never received our letters.  Had to deal with the embassy so we would not get cutoff.  They have a work around if you don't get your letter.  If you don't get it by November, contact SS at the Embassy.

No letters 2020 and 2021 due to Covid.  I hope Philpost will bring ours this year.  Hopefully they have stocked the TP in their CRs so they don't have to grab a random letter to clean their arse.

• 2 weeks later...
BC57
Posted
Posted
On 7/26/2022 at 9:29 AM, OnMyWay said:

Anybody received their form yet?  I know a guy in Angeles who got his, but he has an RAO USPS mailbox where it was delivered.  No interference from Philpost.

Our first year of SS was 2019.  My kids and I never received our letters.  Had to deal with the embassy so we would not get cutoff.  They have a work around if you don't get your letter.  If you don't get it by November, contact SS at the Embassy.

No letters 2020 and 2021 due to Covid.  I hope Philpost will bring ours this year.  Hopefully they have stocked the TP in their CRs so they don't have to grab a random letter to clean their arse.

I have no confidence in Philpost. I contacted the embassy and they wouldn't even tell me if I'm on the list to get one this year. I signed up in Sept. 2019 so I don't know if that means that I was on the schedule for 2020.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, BC57 said:

I have no confidence in Philpost. I contacted the embassy and they wouldn't even tell me if I'm on the list to get one this year. I signed up in Sept. 2019 so I don't know if that means that I was on the schedule for 2020.

My experience with the embassy is that they will not help until November.  I also started in Sept. 2019, and at the end of the year, the embassy helped me get it done for my kids and I.

Don't bother downloading a blank form and mailing it in.  Been der, done dat.  They will only accept the one with your barcode, and the embassy can print that.

• Like 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Well finally received my SSA-7162 today. Will be returning it by Philpost and faxing a copy to them also.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

Well finally received my SSA-7162 today. Will be returning it by Philpost and faxing a copy to them also.

I don't even know if we get Philpost deliveries here in Subic Bay Freeport right now.  We had one postman for years.  He would take weeks to deliver the entire freeport.  He had a heart attack about 6 months ago, and I don't know if he was replaced or is back on the job.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't even know if we get Philpost deliveries here in Subic Bay Freeport right now.  We had one postman for years.  He would take weeks to deliver the entire freeport.  He had a heart attack about 6 months ago, and I don't know if he was replaced or is back on the job.

Some of our neighbours complain about this also yet we have always got mail since we moved in. The old guy retired a few years back and brought along his (younger) replacement to show him the ropes/route etc.  Admittedly, it's hardly regular and he seems to wait until he has a few letters to bring and delivers en-masse.  That said, we have his number and can call him anytime if we're expecting something important and he'll bring ASAP. He will even bring packages which is outside his remit.

Of course, we see him alright, especially at Christmas.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Some of our neighbours complain about this also yet we have always got mail since we moved in. The old guy retired a few years back and brought along his (younger) replacement to show him the ropes/route etc.  Admittedly, it's hardly regular and he seems to wait until he has a few letters to bring and delivers en-masse.  That said, we have his number and can call him anytime if we're expecting something important and he'll bring ASAP. He will even bring packages which is outside his remit.

Of course, we see him alright, especially at Christmas.  

I found out that there is a new guy, younger, but I have never seen him.

• 4 weeks later...
TEXAS EX
Posted
Posted
On 8/11/2022 at 8:57 AM, Ram1957 said:

you can fax it? do you have a number?

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, TEXAS EX said:

you can fax it? do you have a number?

833-719-0632