Turning Filipino

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

IMG20220712184012.jpg

For last night in Cebu only.  Staying with my wife's cousin.  3rd floor bar and karaoke blasting the neighbors.

jimeve
Posted
Posted

That reminds me to leave my home in two weeks time, Barangay fiesta disco. Their speakers are as big as a small truck about 100 meters from my house. start 5pm.. stop 2am ish on for 2 nights. 87 db I recorded same as shot guns going off. The photos on the wall were vibrating to the noise. Got away with it for two years due to covide 19.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, jimeve said:

That reminds me to leave my home in two weeks time, Barangay fiesta disco.

Smile Big.jpg I'm on  your side on this mate :no:

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, jimeve said:

That reminds me to leave my home in two weeks time, Barangay fiesta disco.

Do you have the dates Jim?   I might be affected by that as well.

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Stayed in a tiny little barangay in Guimaras, Igdarapdap and the airbnb hosts, where I was staying, whilst lovely people  hadnt told me I arrived in first day of Fiesta... booming heavy beat music from 12 noon to 3am... occasionally it would stop when their was a fight.

Or some plonker thought he could sing like a God and the crowd would pelt him with bottles.

Never been so happy when the mayor announced the fiesta was over 3 days over.....

No one can think this booming bass boot is in any way related to music....and fiestas just seem an ocassion fro more drinking, from a population that seems to drink every weekend, every holiday anyways.

Every time I book a trip now I ask how the kareoke situation and the rooster situation is.

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Stayed in a tiny little barangay in Guimaras, Igdarapdap and the airbnb hosts, where I was staying, whilst lovely people  hadnt told me I arrived in first day of Fiesta... booming heavy beat music from 12 noon to 3am... occasionally it would stop when their was a fight.

Perhaps someone can ask AirBNB to require Philippine rentals to add a note about fiesta music, karaoke establishments, and traffic noise to their profile.  Years ago, we reserved a room in Madrid, Spain.  It was located on the 2nd floor of a bar with loud music.  The last drunk would stay until 4:00 am singing off-key.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Perhaps someone can ask AirBNB to require Philippine rentals to add a note about fiesta music, karaoke establishments, and traffic noise to their profile.  Years ago, we reserved a room in Madrid, Spain.  It was located on the 2nd floor of a bar with loud music.  The last drunk would stay until 4:00 am singing off-key.  

Usually if you read reviews of where you intend to stay you will find out any pitfalls. 

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Usually if you read reviews of where you intend to stay you will find out any pitfalls. 

Usually... but sometimes not... most memorable was a house near Sogod,  Southern Leyte next to piggery, that the three previous reviewers had declined to mention. Later I found out owner had given the people a free night or two not to mention that somewhat salient detail.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Thing is the wife and 3 dogs need to come with me or I could leave them for 2 nights. There is a place in the mountains that looks peaceful enough for 700P a night, not sure if it's dog friendly or not though. Or I could join the fiesta and get pissed.:shooter:

• Like 1