Turning Filipino

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

We had an issue when two foreigners rented a house not far from us and started have having parties that lasted well into the morning.  Booming music, laughter, shouting, drunken singing, etc.  The neighbors, almost all Filipino, were not jealous and they called the police, then got the local barangay captain involved.  PNP showed up a total of five times that I was able to count.  Things are back to relative peace and quite now.    

Durn furiners! :hystery:

• Haha 3

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Our barangay is pretty good about enforcing the 10pm no karaoke rule.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Heeb said:

Our barangay is having a late disco 2am karaoke rule.:bonk:

• Sad 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Heeb said:

Most barangays are, unless they get paid to issue a "special permit"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Sounds like the barangay fest has started early. F'ING HELL.

• Sad 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, jimeve said:

Our barangay is having a late disco 2am karaoke rule.:bonk:

Just in time for the 4am shift to start. :whistling:  Seriously I get up at 5am some mornings to go for a run and as I'm pulling my trainers on the music starts from a small housing development about 400m away. The speakers are a good 4ft high and the sound is distorted as I pass by.  It'll explain why I've never seen a road workers using eardefenders when operating Jack Hammers.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

Sounds like the barangay fest has started early. F'ING HELL.

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Just in time for the 4am shift to start. :whistling:  Seriously I get up at 5am some mornings to go for a run and as I'm pulling my trainers on the music starts from a small housing development about 400m away. The speakers are a good 4ft high and the sound is distorted as I pass by.  It'll explain why I've never seen a road workers using eardefenders when operating Jack Hammers.

There is a squatters camp across the river from us where they start the karaoke at about 7 a.m. after a sleep when they finish their session at midnight.

But how the bloody hell do you suffer that?

When I was a shift worker in the Navy in Darwin there would always be someone who wanted the world to listen to their music while I was trying to get some sleep. My solution was simple, I went to the main board and turned the power off, seeing that the power was always going off the music lovers just thought that was just another blackout.

There are people that just don't know how to co-exist with other people.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well I ran a business dealing in Airbnb for over 2 years and l doubt if just friends or relative's are making reviews. For a start not just anyone can write a review. And then you can choose from those with superhost status meaning they have a lot of experience and are doing the right thing by their guests. Honestly with all the choices of accommodation a little home work in most cases is all you need.

I agree.  I usually write a review.  It would take an elaborate scam by the host to somehow get friends and relatives to do reviews without staying there.

For a couple, hotels are simple.  For a family of 5, hotels can be a hard fit and cost a lot more.  We usually do AirBnbs but this last trip we did only the first night at an AirBnb (it was excellent!) then did two resorts.  We wished that we had skipped the last resort and gotten another AirBnb.