Turning Filipino

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well I ran a business dealing in Airbnb for over 2 years and l doubt if just friends or relative's are making reviews. For a start not just anyone can write a review. And then you can choose from those with superhost status meaning they have a lot of experience and are doing the right thing by their guests. Honestly with all the choices of accommodation a little home work in most cases is all you need.

Not all Airbnb listings are bad.  I am sure a majority advertised are portrayed accurately.  The problem is personally, I have had a sufficient number of bad experiences.  Most of our stays are one month or longer, paid in advance.  If the apartment is not suitable, it is difficult to cancel.  It's the little annoying things that get to me.  The information is not included on the website.  Do the neighborhood roosters crow at 3:00am?  What about karaoke until 2:00am?  Any diesel fumes from jeepneys and trucks?  The hotel loyalty program allows me to pay upon arrival and also cancel.  The cost is a one night's stay.

Not all hotels are good.  Currently, we are staying at a long-stay residency hotel.  The property is old, but the room is large and there is a kitchen.  Large parking lot for our RV.  Continental breakfast is a cellophane wrapped muffin and a cup of coffee.  The room is cleaned every two weeks.  If you want clean towels, bathroom supplies, or earlier linen change, you have to get them from front desk and do it yourself.  We are paying $4,500 a month including taxes.  This is cheap because others in the area want $6,000 or more per month for a standard motel room.  (Inflation.)

I am looking forward to visiting the Philippines with its friendly hotel staff, daily housekeeping and buffet breakfast.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

So my wife and kids are inside shopping for school supplies.  Again, this video does not accurately portray how loud this is.  The security guard sits on the speaker.

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Just had a walk to where the disco is going to play, the speakers are facing away from our house but still very very loud. I did a Decibel reading. 80 db Not as loud as last time but can damage the ears. It's suppose to be on Monday and tuesday, seems like they are just annoying fxxx'ers. I have booked to go in an apartment just to get away from this nonsence.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

Just had a walk to where the disco is going to play, the speakers are facing away from our house but still very very loud. I did a Decibel reading. 80 db Not as loud as last time but can damage the ears. It's suppose to be on Monday and tuesday, seems like they are just annoying fxxx'ers. I have booked to go in an apartment just to get away from this nonsence.

These trikes are headed your way!

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

These trikes are headed your way!

Not as loud as the diso last night, It seemed to get louder as it turned mid-night and more rum I drank the more agitated I got and tried to punch the front door forgtting it has metal bars inside. ouch

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, jimeve said:

Not as loud as the diso last night, It seemed to get louder as it turned mid-night and more rum I drank the more agitated I got and tried to punch the front door forgtting it has metal bars inside. ouch

Rum will do that.  You should switch to a good scotch.  :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Rum will do that.  You should switch to a good scotch.  :hystery:

He'll probably give the door a Glesga Kiss. Italian Fight GIF

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Temporarily moving to a flat for 3 nights, even the wife has had enough. Or should I say 3 nights and 4 days. :89: Taking our 3 dogs the kind landlady says we can.

Might get some shuteye, the loud noise coming out of those large speakers is just too much at 2 am why don't they turn the volume down at 12am!

• Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Temporarily moving to a flat for 3 nights, even the wife has had enough. Or should I say 3 nights and 4 days. :89: Taking our 3 dogs the kind landlady says we can.

Might get some shuteye, the loud noise coming out of those large speakers is just too much at 2 am why don't they turn the volume down at 12am!

I remember the last Fiesta in the wife's place the music was still blaring at 2am - I popped along to see what was happening and there was literally nobody there save the DJ. 

• Haha 2