Advice needed buying and building

Scooter
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Colsie said:

Oops! raw nerve... 

What's wrong with sounding as carefree as a teenager... :89:

Sir you couldn't raise my blood no matter what you said. I take in positive information from people who have knowledge and advice. . Negative information is meant for followers to listen to and fools to say

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Scooter said:

like drumstick boy ;)

We do try and let things go on this forum.  He said something you did not like.  You made that clear.  We like to forget it and move on because too many members have quit over the years due to hurt feelings (which are often just misunderstandings).

You will have a wonderful life in the Philippines.  There will be highs and lows but it sounds like you will enjoy it.

• Like 2

Scooter
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Colsie said:

The guy in the photo is Blackadder, you're probably to young to know that... :hystery:

I don't watch television often. When I do I enjoy learning and things that bring in information .. have a good day sir . 

Edited by Scooter
  • Like 1

Scooter
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

We do try and let things go on this forum.  He said something you did not like.  You made that clear.  We like to forget it and move on because too many members have quit over the years due to hurt feelings (which are often just misunderstandings).

You will have a wonderful life in the Philippines.  There will be highs and lows but it sounds like you will enjoy it.

Thank you sir. I appreciate that. I'm sure there will be. How long you been here? Which island? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Scooter said:

How long you been here? Which island? 

I spent 13 years on Cebu, Leyte, and Negros but I am currently taking care of my aging mother in Canada.  I was back in Cebu for a month in March and I will be back again but I do not know when.  There is something about the Philippines that draws me back.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Scooter said:

like drumstick boy ;) . 

That’s so funny , thank you for making me laugh 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is something about the Philippines that draws me back.

And that "something" is kind of hard to define.  I had made a number of trips to the Philippines to determine if I would actually be able to live here full time.  The last temporary visit was in 2011.   We came in April because I needed to see if I could stand the heat in the middle of the dry season.  Arrived in Cebu just after midnight.  Tired, hungry, hot, humid, the air stinking from exhaust, garbage, maybe my own armpits?  We were being hassled by the airport workers who wanted tips, frustrated in trying to get an honest cab.  I remember thinking "This really sucks but it feels nice to be home".   That was an epiphany for me.  Made the move in 2013 and have not been back since.  The Philippines certainly has it's share of problems as a developing country but it is home now and I love it "warts and all".  I have a feeling that Scooter will have issues but find happiness here.

Sorry for rambling and being a bit off topic. 

• Like 4

baronapart
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, CebuAndy said:

May I suggest a cold shower 😉 read this forum for 1 year, stay in country for 1 year uninterrupted, before you make the big move?

Excellent advice...

• Thanks 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

:popcorn: