So I Had An Accident...

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I have to say, I've had far more issues dealing with insurance claims in Australia - and no, for the smart arses, there weren't many of them :laugh:.  I just wanted to highlight this positive experience. 

Who is your insurance with?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Who is your insurance with?

They have their own in-house insurance, I'm not sure who it's underwritten by though.  

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Serious question.

In BC, Canada you have to have a police report before the body shop can fix it if the damage is more than a certain dollar value.  Did that come up?  I am wondering if there is a requirement for that in the Philippines. 

The reason would be to stop hit-and-runs I am thinking.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Serious question.

In BC, Canada you have to have a police report before the body shop can fix it if the damage is more than a certain dollar value.  Did that come up?  I am wondering if there is a requirement for that in the Philippines. 

Although the logic behind the requirement is sound, perhaps you forgot what country you’re asking about, 🤣🤣🤣

Even if it is a requirement, I’m quite sure there are ways around it…..like making a donation to a police officers beer fund in exchange for the report. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Serious question.

I did ask the question, as it's the same in some states in Australia.  They looked at me funny, so not required in their eyes.  It could be a PHP value thing though but I had the impression that they'd not encountered it before.  I also asked about a courtesy car, again the norm in Australia, they'd obviously been asked this one before and a polite chuckle with a "no sir" was the response. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1