So I Had An Accident...

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

I'll shoot you a PM as have more questions about your car buying experience and search here.  

Sure mate, anytime. 

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted

Similar experience with Fortune Insurance when my wife’s Honda Civic was hit a few years ago. The car was parked at the time so it was ‘hit and run’.  
The insurance coughed up 86,000php for the damage to be repaired at Honda and even replaced a tail light cover (16,000php) which had a just noticeable 3” scratch. 
We bought our first car in 2002 and I’ve never had a accident and been insured throughout. Never totaled up how much I’ve spent but it must be over one million.

I often here expats saying car insurance is not worth it as you only get x amount. My theory has always been if I have a accident I want the insurance company on my side if there is some sort of counter claim. 
 Pre covid I was clocking up 50,000km plus per year so reckon I’ve either been lucky or i’m a bloody good driver 😂

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

We have insurance through the local Toyota dealer, had to use it for a minor scrape (not too different to yours) a couple of years ago.

The experience was totally painless (and honestly less hassle than I had in Australia).

I have no idea what other insurers are like but I'd happily recommend Toyota Casa insurance based upon my experiences (it is a bit more expensive than some).

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

Glad to hear the positive experience from Duma Toyota, as we are looking at buying an Innova from them.  Trying to decide between it and the Mitsubishi Xpander, which has slightly higher ground clearance. 

If I recall correctly, you are over 6 ft tall?  Make sure you have a good fit in the driver's seat.  Some of the Toyota's were a bit tight for me at 6'2".