Death wish? Shabu?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Left to go to a nearby hardware store this morning at 0750.  It is on the National Hwy in Olongapo.  300 meters from our gate, I encounter this.  Traffic is very fast and busy there at rush hour.  I pulled up behind her and honked.  Never even turned around.  I went another 500 meters and parked at the hardware store.  We watched as she approached and passed, almost getting hit a few times.  Completely oblivious to honking and yelling, she just kept sashaying along in the middle of the road, tossing her hair back and forth.  I don't know if she made it to the end of the day.

295715871_1187441791823887_1160552435577527672_n.jpg

• Like 2

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

At least she was wearing clothes, I've seen a few just walking around obliviously nude.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Left to go to a nearby hardware store this morning at 0750.  It is on the National Hwy in Olongapo.  300 meters from our gate, I encounter this.  Traffic is very fast and busy there at rush hour.  I pulled up behind her and honked.  Never even turned around.  I went another 500 meters and parked at the hardware store.  We watched as she approached and passed, almost getting hit a few times.  Completely oblivious to honking and yelling, she just kept sashaying along in the middle of the road, tossing her hair back and forth.  I don't know if she made it to the end of the day.

295715871_1187441791823887_1160552435577527672_n.jpg

Not wasted away enough to be a dedicated shaboo addict.  

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

There is no pedestrian pavement.  She can therefore walk anywhere.  Filipino logic applies in this situation.  Glad she is not talking on the phone with a boyfriend trying to dump her.  The risk then increases, and a motorist hits her.  It's the motorist's fault.  Again, Filipino logic applies because obviously the motorist must be richer to afford a vehicle.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Again, Filipino logic

BC, Canada has logic that is more insane than Filipino logic; possibly why I feel at home here.  They recently passed a law that cyclists are ALWAYS right.  In ANY incident between a bicycle and any other vehicle the other vehicle is automatically judged at fault.  It is yet to be determined if two bicycles collide head on and fall into a passing car if the car is responsible for both bikes.

By contrast, the pedestrian only has rights when on a legal sidewalk or a legal crosswalk.  Go figure.

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, JJReyes said:

There is no pedestrian pavement.  She can therefore walk anywhere.  Filipino logic applies in this situation.  Glad she is not talking on the phone with a boyfriend trying to dump her.  The risk then increases, and a motorist hits her.  It's the motorist's fault.  Again, Filipino logic applies because obviously the motorist must be richer to afford a vehicle.

Well, in this instance, not the case.  There actually is a good sidewalk on one side and a wide dirt area on the other side.  She walked a least a km in the middle of the 4 lane road where buses, trucks, cars often exceed 100 kph.  While she walked, she was tossing her hair in a flirting style, oblivious to the world around her.  She actually was fairly normal looking, clean, etc.  Not what my wife calls a "greasy" lady.  We have one of those in the same area who walks around half naked.

This is is plain old, out of her head, craziness.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

BC, Canada has logic that is more insane than Filipino logic; possibly why I feel at home here.  They recently passed a law that cyclists are ALWAYS right.  In ANY incident between a bicycle and any other vehicle the other vehicle is automatically judged at fault.  It is yet to be determined if two bicycles collide head on and fall into a passing car if the car is responsible for both bikes.

By contrast, the pedestrian only has rights when on a legal sidewalk or a legal crosswalk.  Go figure.

Not only in Canada - in the UK the new rules give priority to the "weakest" vehicle so a bus gives in to a car which in turn gives in to a motorcycle which in turn gives in to a bicycle.  

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not only in Canada - in the UK the new rules give priority to the "weakest" vehicle so a bus gives in to a car which in turn gives in to a motorcycle which in turn gives in to a bicycle.  

That is quite the contrary to the Philippines I suppose 😂

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Viking said:

That is quite the contrary to the Philippines I suppose 😂

I'm not sure if the video I posted shows it (I have the original longer version) but busses speed past her like she is just a fly that might go splat on their window.  Not much, if any, slowing.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

The rule out here in the province is "Who dares wins"

I Reckon the good old Aussie Roo bar would fit right in here, especially the type that encases the whole car.

• Haha 1