iPhone Screen Repair

KenM
Posted
Posted

I need to have a cracked screen replaced on my iPhone. The Istore wants to keep the phone for 3 weeks before repairing it. They won't give an appointment to come back in three weeks. They want to keep the phone for three weeks. They should lose their Apple authorization frankly. The gadgetfix store can't get in the glass from their sources. Does anyone know where to get a screen repair done?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, KenM said:

I need to have a cracked screen replaced on my iPhone. The Istore wants to keep the phone for 3 weeks before repairing it. They won't give an appointment to come back in three weeks. They want to keep the phone for three weeks. They should lose their Apple authorization frankly. The gadgetfix store can't get in the glass from their sources. Does anyone know where to get a screen repair done?

What model Iphone?

KenM
Posted
Posted

12 pro

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 7/29/2022 at 12:08 PM, KenM said:

12 pro

Order the screen on Shopee and follow the instructions on You Tube.  It's an easy screen to replace even for an amateur. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Order the screen on Shopee and follow the instructions on You Tube.  It's an easy screen to replace even for an amateur. 

image.jpeg

• Haha 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On 7/28/2022 at 8:10 PM, KenM said:

Apple lost a federal lawsuit wherein phone owners faced a loss of warranty if their phone was ever repaired by unauthorized dealers.  The company likewise has to supply 3rd party dealers with parts when requested.  I don't know if this ruling applies overseas.

Speaking of iPhones, my wife and I use them.  For the Philippines, would it be better to purchase two inexpensive phones and pay for "load" or buy sim cards and prepaid package?  We will be there 5 months.  In the past, I would buy phones and give them away at departure.  The reason is, in the event the local phones were stolen, damaged or lost, the impact is limited.  Our iPhones would remain at the hotel.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

in the event the local phones were stolen, damaged or lost

Most people I know, who "lost" phones in the Philippines, were doing something like riding a jeepney, walking around poor areas, walking around red light districts, or drinking alcohol.  If you avoid those activities then your IPhone should be as safe as if you were at home. :mocking:

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Most people I know, who "lost" phones in the Philippines, were doing something like riding a jeepney, walking around poor areas, walking around red light districts, or drinking alcohol.  If you avoid those activities then your IPhone should be as safe as if you were at home. :mocking:

This is nice to know.  

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
On 7/28/2022 at 8:10 PM, KenM said:

cracked screen replaced on my iPhone

I just took mine to one of those kiosks at our local SM, 5 minutes and done

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not to thread mess.... but there are many videos on You Tube , Camote riders, showing jeepneys stopped in traffic at night and all passengers using phones, along come some street kids and in goes their arm.. one two three four phones stolen in one go . Those kids can run fast when they have 4 phones to sell and a nice big new fresh bag of Rugby to inhale. Same for fancy lady stuck in traffic with her window partially open, texting away, from the back comes a street kid, phone gone and lady has no way to chase or get out of car as stuck in traffic.  Of course there are also plenty of scams going on when riding jeepneys too. ..the famous coin drop being a popular one.

• Like 2