iPhone Screen Repair

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Most people I know, who "lost" phones in the Philippines, were doing something like riding a jeepney, walking around poor areas, walking around red light districts, or drinking alcohol.  If you avoid those activities then your IPhone should be as safe as if you were at home. :mocking:

Jeez...if we can't do some of the things mentioned above we may as well  stay at home! :hystery:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Jeez...if we can't do some of the things mentioned above we may as well  stay at home! :hystery:

I see the ROFL but the truth is:  Do them things without bringing a phone.  Who ya gonna call?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Who ya gonna call?

Ghost busters. :Caught:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
KenM
Posted
Posted
On 7/30/2022 at 3:50 PM, Snowy79 said:

Order the screen on Shopee and follow the instructions on You Tube.  It's an easy screen to replace even for an amateur. 

I am having trouble finding on shopee or lazada

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are countless on Lazada -

Just type iphone 12 pro screen replacement in the search bar and you'll get plenty of hits.

Edited by hk blues

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, KenM said:

I am having trouble finding on shopee or lazada

I just opened Shopee and typed in " Iphone pro 12 lcd " loads appeared.

KenM
Posted
Posted

The repair shop is saying they don't trust the screens from shopee to be legit. I don't know what to think. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, KenM said:

The repair shop is saying they don't trust the screens from shopee to be legit. I don't know what to think. 

Certainly a bit of truth in that. I've repaired a few phones now after being screwed over with cheap Chinese screens but paying the repairer top dollar.  A genuine screen tends to have a bit of flexibility which makes fitting not too bad. The Chinese copies the slightest pressure and they can crack and they'll all promise they are genuine screens. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, KenM said:

This is why you do it yourself.  It will void the warranty but I expect there is no more warranty so you either have a broken phone or a self-fixed phone.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:50 AM, Snowy79 said:

Order the screen on Shopee and follow the instructions on You Tube

Personally I would just give it to a relative who was willing to fix it themselves and buy myself a new one, IF I liked IPhones.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 7/29/2022 at 11:10 AM, KenM said:

I need to have a cracked screen replaced on my iPhone. The Istore wants to keep the phone for 3 weeks before repairing it. They won't give an appointment to come back in three weeks. They want to keep the phone for three weeks. They should lose their Apple authorization frankly. The gadgetfix store can't get in the glass from their sources. Does anyone know where to get a screen repair done?

It's been more than 2 weeks now - if you'd given them the phone you'd be almost sorted by now.  

You can either bite the bullet now and let the Apple store fix it or get one online and DIY or take it (the online screen) to a local repair store and get them to replace it.  Of course, your warranty will be voided but hey ho, them's your choices!