Sports bar with good steaks Manila

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Looking for somewhere to watch the AFL and have a good steak please folks in Manila.

TIA

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

If you want the best steak, Wolfgang Steakhouse in Taguig for rib-eye.  Keep in mind they have no shame when it comes to prices.  Another one is I'm Angus Steakhouse in San Antonio Village.  There were 3 of us and we ordered one 30 oz Tomahawk for sharing.

For steaks in a sport bar, try Handlebar Bar & Grille in Bel-Air Village.  Their porterhouse is good.  Another one is Howzat Sports Bar.  The rib-eye steak is pretty good.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Update... Howzat went a few months ago.  Owner thought it would be a good idea to try to get a 30% increase in rental... this after the place had been closed for almost a year due to covid. Clearly a really smart businessman. Owner ( who also owns Rogues in P Burgos ) basically said F you.

The place is now an empty shell and has been since about February. Owner has a nice place in Puerto Galera so hes enjoying his time there without having to deal with the greed and somewhat bizarre demands of a landlord.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Freebie said:

Update... Howzat went a few months ago.

Thanks for the update.  Scratch this place off my list.  We are careful about food.  My wife is allergic to MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) or Magic Sarap.  Philippine restaurants use it liberally to enhance flavor.  They can't remove it because MSG is in the premix.  One exception is quality steak restaurants where you can ask them to limit season to salt and pepper.  Wolfgang claims they only use rock salt.  

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

All good tips.. thanks