Converge and ExpressVPN

gopher
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

I went through exactly the same thing with the mongrels, the local office told us to go the office in the provincial city and they would cancel it there.

So off we went for the 2 hour trip to see the mongrels there, where we took a number and waited for 3 hours only to be told by someone who had an attitude, probably because after 3 hours I had an attitude that we should call the head office in Manila to cancel our service.

That was 3 years ago and every now and then we get an email to pay our outstanding bill and return their equipment but somehow I forget to do it, just like they forgot to come and fix the equipment after a big wind.

Converge, as I have mentioned in other  posts are great …touch wood.

Yeah they are a joke, can't believe a company could make Globe customer support look good by comparison, but PLDT has done it. My last Globe account was terribly slow but at least it was easy to cancel. Don't know why the PH government allows PLDT these shenanigans, it's basically fraud to keep charging you for something you've requested to cancel many times (and I am past the 3 year lockup period). 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Whilst it's not a perfect solution, I'd simply email them giving the required notice (if any) to terminate and then stop paying from then. I'd also be tempted to drop off the equipment at their local office and require they sign a receipt to say they got it.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, hk blues said:

Whilst it's not a perfect solution, I'd simply email them giving the required notice (if any) to terminate and then stop paying from then.

You mean like this:

(To customercare@pldt)

I just got an email that this account is far overdue.  Cut it off.  I sold the house and left the Philippines in February.  The new owners said they would keep the account.  If they did not pay then you should cut off the Internet.

This is the reply you will get:

(From customercare@pldt)

This e-mail address <customercare@pldt.com.ph> is no longer available.  Please send us a message with your concern and account details via direct message at our PLDT Home Facebook Page or Twitter @PLDT_Cares.

You can also download the PLDT Home app from the Google Play Store or Apple store so you can check your bill, manage your account, file a service ticket and more.  You may also call our Customer Service Hotline at 171.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
On 8/6/2022 at 11:39 PM, gopher said:

How did the process of cancelling your PLDT account go? I've been trying to cancel mine and it is a nightmare, they can't seem to tell me how to easily terminate the account, and they keep adding new requirements each time I email/message/call.

It was very easy. My wife telephoned PLDT customer service (free call on her Smart cell phone) and the agent cancelled it there and then. The agent gave an option to reconnect in six months with no penalty, ie no lock in period, as if we were just suspending the service, if we preferred. We went for that option just in case Converge turned out a disappointment. After six months we can either reconnect the service or cancel completely. I think it’s best to use the free phone service rather than go into the local office of PLDT, which are invariably useless IMHO!

So far we are very happy with Converge.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You mean like this:

This is the reply you will get:

Well contact them using the contact details provided.  It doesn't matter how you contact them, as long as you do in a way that can be verified.  

Youngster
Posted
Posted

We recently moved from Angeles City where we had Converge to Dumaguete where we signed up for PLDT.  Now got me having second thoughts after reading this thread.

As for Converge, it was super easy to terminate the service. I walked into their office with equipment, returned it, and they applied the deposit to final bill.  I’ll be getting a small credit back through LBC…eventually I guess. Also, we moved within the city 3 times after the initial signup, and converge responded and transferred my service to new locations within a day of notifying them.  Damn good service, every time. 

PLDT service was also easy to initiate. I walked into their office but for some reason, I had to go through a field salesperson. But got a call within an hour, and we had the internet service the next morning.  Well, hopefully, we won’t have to deal with them too soon.

gopher
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

It was very easy. My wife telephoned PLDT customer service (free call on her Smart cell phone) and the agent cancelled it there and then. The agent gave an option to reconnect in six months with no penalty, ie no lock in period, as if we were just suspending the service, if we preferred. We went for that option just in case Converge turned out a disappointment. After six months we can either reconnect the service or cancel completely. I think it’s best to use the free phone service rather than go into the local office of PLDT, which are invariably useless IMHO!

So far we are very happy with Converge.

You were lucky or I was very unlucky. I called their 171 support line twice and both times they refused to terminate my account over the phone, saying there were additional requirements needed to terminate (but they couldn't tell me what??) I just gave up and will stop paying for the account. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth though, I hate having unpaid bills (even if they are basically fraudulent...). It will also be a pain if I ever want to sign up for PLDT again.

I am also happy with Converge, which I switched to as well.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, gopher said:

You were lucky or I was very unlucky. I called their 171 support line twice and both times they refused to terminate my account over the phone, saying there were additional requirements needed to terminate (but they couldn't tell me what??) I just gave up and will stop paying for the account. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth though, I hate having unpaid bills (even if they are basically fraudulent...). It will also be a pain if I ever want to sign up for PLDT again.

I am also happy with Converge, which I switched to as well.

Like you, I hate to have unpaid bills in case it comes back to bite my ass later BUT not as much as I hate paying for something I'm not getting!

As long as you dot your Is and cross your Ts and have a paper trail I don't think there's much more you can do.  They'll cut you off eventually if you don't pay anyway so it wouldn't go on indefinitely.