Corruption? ECC. Cebu Jcenter mall immigration office

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ExtraThree said:

I think these forums are dying from lack of interest because they only want the same ten people to post in a very narrow range. 

But I replied to your story.  Don't you like me?  I'm so sad when you don't like me.  Boo Hoo.  And as to your query, if it comes down to getting deported, bribing an official, or going on your phone to buy an exit ticket, then its not strange.  And since you are leaving anyway, I'll be honest and tell you "an expat I know" thinks your story of the $300 bribe is bullshit, but that's just an opinion.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, ExtraThree said:

But being interviewed by an official while simultaneously going online and purchasing a ticket is not a strange?

I think these forums are dying from lack of interest because they only want the same ten people to post in a very narrow range. 

Have at it. hahaha

Thank you for schooling us Extra. Your superior reasoning and wit are most appreciated. :tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, ExtraThree said:

What’s the point of living in one of the most corrupt countries...

Doesn't even make it into the top 10, nor 20 or even 30 - 33rd in fact. 

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-corrupt-countries

Possum
Posted
Posted

Friend of mine yearns for the days of Ferdinand Marcos Sr. He claims during Marcos's military rule the corruption was centered on Marcos. Since that time the corruption affects every office from the barangay to the president. He terms it democratic corruption as it allows more people to participate.