Falling down the rabbit hole.

Freebie
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, sanagimo said:

I only spent a night but a week later here I am drinking tuba again at the barangay

And the line goes out into the water, with a nice multi coloured lure... no one will start pulling the line in, let the lure go out with the fish for a while before we bring it in.....

I'm talking about fishing here, nothing else...... lol

• Like 1

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
On 8/3/2022 at 7:12 AM, RBM said:

In the beginning it is mostly so, time is the test, having said that it could be for real but the odds.........

well thanks to you guys and this FORUM i am wiser.

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Freebie said:

And the line goes out into the water, with a nice multi coloured lure... no one will start pulling the line in, let the lure go out with the fish for a while before we bring it in.....

I'm talking about fishing here, nothing else...... lol

call me Moby but not not with a big dick,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
On 8/3/2022 at 10:52 AM, Freebie said:

Everything is always good magical and wow at the beginning. Wait till the screw turns just a tad... and the sad looks on their faces when they relaise that you wont be supplying food and drink every night. Wait till the brother guilt trips your girl and she goes all quiet on you.. when you weasel out the words, she will tell you her brother is hungry and thirsty but is shy to ask for drinks etc. Then the aunty will be sick....and so it goes.  Sorry to be the cynic but been here on and off for over 35 years and have seen and heard lots. And yes it always starts off wonderfully well.... .so enjoy these " can it be real moments "

waray waray

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
On 8/3/2022 at 2:47 PM, Balisidar said:

Red lights flashing "Danger Will Robinson".  If you piss her or any of the family off...watch out.  As others have said be very cautious and very careful.  And you never " lay it on the line" about her family.  Best thing is just to politely push aside any requests for help.  After you've been together for a while then laying it out might become an option.

this guy started with I am chief inspector of %%$$%. gonna ask you some questions whats your full name? oh I see you flew in on flight %&*. this is your passport number correct. She is my little sister and I love here very much and I want you to know who I am. My dad says your 33. HE WAS TESTING ME!!!! Nice guy jumped on 5 different vans and 10hrs to shake his hand. it was extreme vetting

• Like 2

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
On 8/3/2022 at 1:38 PM, sanagimo said:

thats the jist of it yeah. lay it on the line and say I  am not into taking care of your famy.

i did that. she said thats fine but we'll see

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
On 8/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, Freebie said:

Yes @RBM. Sangimo take note of the words " lemd " and "borrow." They are interchangeable and whenever you hear these words, prick your ears up like a dog does and listen to whats being said VERY carefully.

When someone , lets say your girl, or the girls father, or the cop brother requests " can you borrow/lend " me some money they mean "can you give me some money.

I will make a pretense of paying you back but it will never happen. Just consider it a foreigner tax after all you are living with and enjoying my daughter/sister etc so you should pay for this "

"Oh and expect there might be another emergency in a week month year when I will need to ask you a "favour" and "borrow/lend again" under the same repayment terms......

well I've paid for very expensive ladies of the night so a small tax doesn't seam so bad20220806_132154.jpg20220806_132154.jpg20220806_132154.jpg20220806_132154.jpg20220806_132154.jpg20220806_132154.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sanagimo
Posted
Posted
On 8/3/2022 at 6:33 PM, Colsie said:

There is a big difference between visiting the province and living in the province. 

To live there you're going to have rent or buy or build a house. Not just a low cost simple wooden house unless you want to be injured or die when a typhoon or other natural calamity strikes. Then there's the lack of services in the provinces, brown outs and water outages. Internet service can be terrible and as for hospitals...anyway, you may not have the same fondness if you experience living in the province. There's good things and bad things. 

Now then... Young province girl will be all about family. There's an expat saying, live in province atleast two islands away from her family or the idyllic girl to have is an orphan. Joking aside, living with your girl near her family will impact your finances to some degree. I don't mean that they maliciously target your wallet, but in many cases the poverty here in the Philippines means that you'll probably want your girlfriend to be happy and she will want to help her family if needed. There are ways to reduce the risk of costs due to family, but it's likely harder if they live close. 

The young province girl is unlikely to be a professional on a high salary, more likely she will have no income. That's were you will come in as source of emotion and financial security. After all she's bringing the best years (most attractive) years of her life to the party... 

So even now, with the pure of heart kind of girl, you'll be getting the jist of what's expected. There's another type of girl that's spent way too long working the bars that would try to manipulate you (and other guys, probably at the same time) to simply relieve of your hard earned finances. 

To the point, can it be real. Yes, it definitely can be real but what are your expections of "real" and how much time and financial commitment can you give? 

The choice is yours, buy or rent... :hystery:

i hear you 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, sanagimo said:

I've paid for very expensive ladies of the night so a small tax doesn't seam so bad

If we are gonna go there :hystery: It is cheaper to do that than marry one.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, sanagimo said:

it was extreme vetting

You will soon learn that Filipinos can be extremely nosy beyond the point that some of us would call polite or decent .

Its considered a normal question here to ask a person what their salary is, whether they were married before,  ( if not why not ) had kids ( if not why not, anything wrong with you ? )  do you have any diseases etc etc.

Social etiquette and norms do not apply and the further away from the city you go, the more indiscreet the questions become.

• Like 4