Falling down the rabbit hole.

softail
Posted
Posted
On 8/6/2022 at 9:08 PM, Freebie said:

You will soon learn that Filipinos can be extremely nosy beyond the point that some of us would call polite or decent .

Its considered a normal question here to ask a person what their salary is, whether they were married before,  ( if not why not ) had kids ( if not why not, anything wrong with you ? )  do you have any diseases etc etc.

Social etiquette and norms do not apply and the further away from the city you go, the more indiscreet the questions become.

My wife calls it   Getting to the bottom of it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You've described a common enough scenario but it's not the only one

Sure but I'm describing the culture. It's not even necessarily about foreigners, or money.  Filipino families are expected to help each-other, and more often than not they do, it's a very admirable aspect of their way of life. That' why when a child is baptized here, there isn't one Godmother and one Godfather, there are...all of them. Very different from our culture, and there are ways to avoid it if one wants.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

have no money

Is it your flag thats the giveaway ?   No worries Im from Yorkshire and we are often compared with the Ilocanos too.

• Haha 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Is it your flag thats the giveaway ?   No worries Im from Yorkshire and we are often compared with the Ilocanos too.

I'm part Ilocano.  I'm cheap and easy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

I wish I was mean...Unfortunately, I'm simply poor! :whistling:

• Like 3