Shipping Cart Update

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Sharing my recent experience.

I ordered a lot on Amazon and had it sent to Shipping Cart in Fremont California.  Amazon makes it more difficult now to reconcile your shipments because they break up the orders into various shipments on USPS, UPS and their own transport.  It was always like that but even more so now.

So far, I have shipped 3 air shipments from Shipping Cart to PH.  Two arrived in less than a week and the 3rd I just sent last night.  They still have problems with the ocean shipping and seem to be discouraging it.  Air is $6.99 a pound and works well for small stuff.  There is also a $12.00 service charge per shipment.

For the first two shipments, I kept the value under $180 USD, which is about p10,000.  Under p10,000 should pass through without duties and taxes.  If this were ocean shipments, I would not worry about the value, because the ocean is basically an LBC Balikbayan box that does not normally have much scrutiny.  With air, I don't want to take a chance, especially with electronics inside.

However, I decide to experiment with the 3rd shipment and went over the $180 to $250.  It is all clothes.  I hope it won't get stuck with duties and taxes.  I will report back.

The bad news.  They seemed to have lost one of the Amazon orders, and their customer service is terrible.  The shipment arrived at their warehouse on July 19th and never was placed in my "Cart".  All my other orders were put in the cart within 2 days.  My first two e-mails on the subject were answered.  The first said just wait and it will go in the cart, then closed the ticket.  The second said I will look into it, allow 2 business days.  I waited 3 business days and e-mailed.  No answer.  I sent another e-mail a few days later.  No reply.  So, today it is missing 3 weeks.  Last night I sent another mail to make a claim.  The value is only about $30.

I will still use them if needed.  I still have one or two shipments to send.  This is an LBC company so I am assuming that customer service is staffed by Filipinos.  Unfortunately, it appears that they have the typical Filipino attitude towards customer service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Unfortunately, it appears that they have the typical Filipino attitude towards customer service.

Customer service is like government - you get what you deserve.

As long as folk here are willing to meekly accept the poor service they get without complaint they'll continue to get just that. Why would companies spend time and money providing something their customers aren't asking for? It's my biggest bugbear here and I hate being the big, angry foreigner who complains but I will do it when necessary. 

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

As long as folk here are willing to meekly accept the poor service they get without complaint they'll continue to get just that. Why would companies spend time and money providing something their customers aren't asking for? It's my biggest bugbear here and I hate being the big, angry foreigner who complains but I will do it when necessary. 

Amen to that Brother!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

The same CS idiot who closed my first ticket 2 weeks ago has now closed my request for claim that I sent last night.  I replied with a strong message "show me a picture of the shipment or pay my claim."!

I then told the story on their FB page and they immediately responded.  Maybe FB is the better option for anything to do with the Philippines.

The warehouse is in the U.S., so I have promised them a BBB report if not resolved soon.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 4

HappyJack
Posted
Posted (edited)

I use https://johnnyairplus.com/

I buy on Amazon and send it directly to them.  They fly it to Manila and I can either pick it up there or they LBC it to me.  I do get charged VAT. Does Shipping Cart charge VAT tax?

Edited by HappyJack