Bill to legalize marijuana for medical use in the Philippines

Kingpin
Posted
Posted

A bill to legalize cannabis for medicinal use has been filed by Sen. Robinhood Padilla. Senate Bill 230 if approved into law, could allow the use of cannabis, or marijuana, to be used as alternative treatment in “debilitating medical conditions” of qualified patients and also allow medical research on cannabis’ advantages and side effects.

https://sugbo.ph/2022/new-bill-legalize-marijuana/

Fully decriminalized during Bongbong's term, calling it now.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good for Sen. Padilla. I hope you are correct Kingpin. :cheersty:

Although I don't partake pot should be legalized. 

I use an analgesic rub of CBD and pot very effective pain reliever without any side effects. I've decreased my narcotic pill use dramatically by using that product. 

Edited by Old55

Gator
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Fully decriminalized during Bongbong's term, calling it now.

With that name I fully agree 🤣

84A180D2-13F8-4BFD-9BBA-0CDC8608F300.jpeg84A180D2-13F8-4BFD-9BBA-0CDC8608F300.jpeg

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Bill who?  Clinton?  Gates?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Ecuador is way ahead.  While on a visit last year, I had to undergo emergency surgery for colon cancer in Quito.  The doctors offered me Coca based medication as an alternative for pain relief.  You can also buy Coca at the farmers market in the form of tea (altitude sickness treatment), ointment (aches and pain) or leaves to chew for recreation and altitude sickness.  Declined because the dogs at US Customs would sniff it on my body.  Western medicine prescriptions were more expensive.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Declined because the dogs at US Customs would sniff it on my body.

I would have thought the US Customs would be familiar with people using a product where it is legal, so long as you are not bringing it in with you, otherwise the Customs dogs would go wild with Canadians crossing into the US smelling like marijuana.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I would have thought the US Customs would be familiar with people using a product where it is legal, so long as you are not bringing it in with you, otherwise the Customs dogs would go wild with Canadians crossing into the US smelling like marijuana.

I am either cautious or paranoid.  Even if Customs clears you after providing a legitimate explanation, you never know what is placed in their database.  It's been over 35 years since there was a random search of our luggage.  Let's keep it that way.  

• Like 3