Sunbathing

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, BrettGC said:

They considered slumming it at 3 star hotel level.   

That reminds me of my favorite wing wiper story. We had been in the desert training center for about 10 days, eating c rations, shaking lizards out of our boots, in other words normal grunt stuff. We were supposed to work with air to ground support for a week next. Sure enough a jeep rolls up to our position and out hops two Air force types who said the were are forward air controllers. The company commander told me to take them to the fox hole they were supposed to use. They took one look at it, pulled out a brick size radio, talk to some one, then sat down on a near by rock and took a nap. Low and behold about 2 hours later an Air Force heavy lift helo shows up set down a conex box about 10x20...It was an AF field living quarters. My captain had puppys on the spot and my first Seargent threw his helmet over the horizon,,,,,,,,,I just made myself scarse  :hystery:

• Haha 2

longway
Posted
Posted
On 8/11/2022 at 10:03 PM, Jake said:

All kidding aside, you bubbleheads are the silent warriors.  I've been in a Los Angeles class.  Shock and awe would be a minimum adjective on how I felt.  It was so damn cold down there.  You guys live and work within an actual warhead, prowling the seas like a ninja warrior in the dark.  

While in the U.S. Navy we practiced a drill where a single sub would try to pretend sink us and we on the Flag ship surrounded by a dozen protectors ship tried to avoid desruction. The Sub would get us every time, sneaky Bastards. You can run but you can't hide seems to fit here.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, longway said:

While in the U.S. Navy we practiced a drill where a single sub would try to pretend sink us and we on the Flag ship surrounded by a dozen protectors ship tried to avoid desruction. The Sub would get us every time, sneaky Bastards. You can run but you can't hide seems to fit here.

I was a submariner.  There's submarines and targets... That's it.

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I was a submariner.  There's submarines and targets... That's it.

Amen...I was on a Trident (Ohio Class). Our targets were just bigger. Same principle.

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 1