Off to a good start :)

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I mean, luggage on a visa run sounds so stupid to me.

Not if it's combined with a trip. I'd certainly make a visa run a trip.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I think weve all been there with the bags. I had one trip San Diego Los Angeles HK Manila Davao Manila KL. Was living in KL at the time.

Well the flight from San Diego was on a very small plane and immediately after we left ,the staff announced that several bags had been offloaded due to weight restrictions. Get to LA and find two offloaded bags were mine . Tell CX staff to follow up . Get to HK and Im told they are on the flight LA to HK the next day.

Get to Manila ( where I had a condo so I at least had a change of underwear and shirt !)  for one night stay prior to going to a trade show in Davao.

Cathay tells me my bags will be a further one day delay.

Travel to Davao, two day trade show. Cathay tells me my bags will be arriving Manila that day.

Fly back to Manila, go back to  condo. Cathay tells me my bags will be arriving in an hour. I go to airport,

Cathay staff give me a pass and I can enter the airport and walk up to the baggage carousel where my bags are going round and round. Collect bags, head up to departures and check in to flight to KL reunited.  We were apart for 5 days I think.

Scooter
Posted
Posted

Day 17 from arrival. I went to airport again . Hoping they would be there today cause I was getting on a boat to Bohol. Sir your bags are still in Sacramento. I said well I'm headed to Bohol so let me know when you get it and I'll find an address to ship it to. Not more than 45 minutes after I left I get the email. Sir your bags arrived you can come pick them up. I had a boat to catch asked them to fly them to Bohol and I'd pick them up at the airport. Supposed to be waiting for me by the time I get there ....I'm not real optimistic about that . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

luggage on a visa run sounds so stupid to me

Visa run on your own maybe but visa run with partner and staying away 5 days generally needs some luggage and more so for females, hair iron, shoes that are for different occasions etc. Sure if your just staying overnight you can wear the same undies. What do you do if you just buy all new clothes, throw away because now your carry on is overweight to take home? 

Next trip we propose to get 2 carry ons that meet the size requirements and have no checked in luggage. People expect their luggage to arrive with them and it should, you Dave as a former coach driver can I ask how many times someones luggage was left on the side of the road? :popcorn:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Scooter said:

Day 17 from arrival. I went to airport again . Hoping they would be there today cause I was getting on a boat to Bohol. Sir your bags are still in Sacramento. I said well I'm headed to Bohol so let me know when you get it and I'll find an address to ship it to. Not more than 45 minutes after I left I get the email. Sir your bags arrived you can come pick them up. I had a boat to catch asked them to fly them to Bohol and I'd pick them up at the airport. Supposed to be waiting for me by the time I get there ....I'm not real optimistic about that . 

I feel you pain Scooter,  Have you ever heard about "Filipino Time"?  You need to adjust your tolerance level and just go with the flow.  A couple San Magoos will set your mood of the day.  Works for me.....he, he.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Dave as a former coach driver can I ask how many times someones luggage was left on the side of the road?

It was different.  Most people asked me to physically SEE their luggage on the coach before we left on the trip.  Any time the luggage was not there it was lost before it ever got to my end.  PS:  I hated the ones who wanted to see their luggage.  Lots of digging out and reloading.  But I felt their concerns so I did it.  Other drivers just said "don't know, don't care".

• Like 2

Colsie
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Scooter said:

I picked up my lost baggage yesterday from PAL  cargo at my local airport. So likely your airline will do the same, if they ship it straight away it'll beat the 2Go ferry to Bohol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scooter
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jake said:

I feel you pain Scooter,  Have you ever heard about "Filipino Time"?  You need to adjust your tolerance level and just go with the flow.  A couple San Magoos will set your mood of the day.  Works for me.....he, he.  

Oh yes I've heard and that's why I just laugh the only thing fast around here is how fast beggers stick their hand out when they see a white guy . 

• Haha 1

Scooter
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Colsie said:

I picked up my lost baggage yesterday from PAL  cargo at my local airport. So likely your airline will do the same, if they ship it straight away it'll beat the 2Go ferry to Bohol. 

This ferry was much faster last time going from Bohol to Manila 24 hrs. This time we past Bohol and are now in Davao then going back to Bohol 2 days 6 hrs I believe. We went so close to Bohol I thought about stealing a raft and making a run for it lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted
On 8/21/2022 at 8:37 PM, Scooter said:

This ferry was much faster last time going from Bohol to Manila 24 hrs. This time we past Bohol and are now in Davao then going back to Bohol 2 days 6 hrs I believe. We went so close to Bohol I thought about stealing a raft and making a run for it lol

You came to Philippines on a one way ticket? Did they ask you for your outgoing flight within 30days?